Choose Kingston's Banking and Finance MSc
The Banking and Finance MSc produces highly skilled, analytical and forward-thinking graduates who are ready to slot into specialised roles in the banking, financial services, finance and financial consultancy sectors. This is a demanding programme but has an outstanding pass rate.
This course is suitable for students from a variety of academic backgrounds, including those with industry experience and those who do not have a bachelors degree in economics, finance or accountancy. You can study the course part-time, so you can apply your learning in the workplace straight away.
- The programme has been developed in consultation with finance professionals at RBS Capital Markets, Commerzbank AG, Standard Chartered Bank and NatWest Bank to give you the practical, real-life skills employers require in this highly competitive sector.
- We are one of only a handful of UK universities that offer a Bloomberg trading room, giving you the opportunity to develop the hands-on skills employers want.
- There are regular talks from practising industry experts such as the former head of Financial Services Authority.
- As well as studying an international curriculum, you will meet and work with students from a wide variety of countries and cultures who can add international insight to class discussions and working groups, and give you a global alumni network.
- When you study this programme you can also apply for Bloomberg certification. This industry-recognised qualification gives graduates a huge advantage in the jobs market. The course covers many aspects of the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) credential, helping to prepare you for their professional examination.
- Kingston Business School has joined an elite group of global institutions to be awarded the prestigious international accreditation by the AACSB (Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business). A hallmark of excellence in business education, the accreditation has been earned by just 5 percent of the world's business schools.
"Like for like, this is one of the top programmes in the UK...it was created and is taught by academics who have worked at leading international business schools as well as top global financial institutions." – Dr Mohammed Nurullah, course director
What will you study?
This masters degree is designed to demonstrate the links between theory and practice. Taught sessions use real-life examples and case studies, while the assessments also expose you to real-life problems and solutions.
The core modules of this course will show you how to manage assets, liquidity and risk, and how to analyse credit, interest, statements and rates. You will also learn about corporate finance and industry regulation. You will also get the opportunity to work in Kingston Business School's Bloomberg trading room.
You will study eight taught modules, then undertake a research project.
You will be assessed via examinations, coursework assignments, case studies, presentations and research projects.
Please note that this is an indicative list of modules and is not intended as a definitive list. Those listed here may also be a mixture of core and optional modules.
- Bank Operations and Strategy
- Bank Financial Risk Management
- Financial Modelling and Research Methods
- Corporate Finance and Financial Statement Analysis
- Portfolio Theory and Investment Banking
- Financial Services Regulation and Compliance
- Research Project
- Islamic Banking and Insurance
- Financial Engineering
- International Financial Services
Learn a language
You will have the opportunity to study a foreign language, free of charge, during your time at the University as part of the Kingston Language Scheme. Options currently include Arabic, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Mandarin, Portuguese, Russian and Spanish.
Cost & Fees
Home and European Union 2016/17
- MSc full time £10,000
- MSc part time £5,500
Overseas (not EU) 2016/17
- MSc full time £14,500
- MSc part time £7,975
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 28, 2018