The MSc in Architecture program aims to provide specialization in the design and formation of spaces to graduates of the department of architecture. It also aims at a high level of competence in implementation, as well as design and in contemporary CAD-CAM technologies. The program provides competence is specific aspects of architecture, the ability to carry out research and to develop career opportunities. Theoretical courses accompany design studios where creativity is highly encouraged and seminars and research enrich work content.
Students are allowed to choose courses according to the area in which they wish to specialize.
The program with the thesis includes four compulsory courses, four elective courses and the writing of a thesis. Master in Architecture (MArch) is awarded to students who have scored Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of not less than 3.00/4.00 and have completed all the courses (120 ECTS).
The graduates of the program become better equipped with knowledge and competence in a certain subject. This provides students a better employment opportunity than graduates of an undergraduate degree.
Students have a wide range of opportunities to choose from the private or the public sector. The former includes various governmental offices, while the latter provides a wider range including construction companies, design offices, construction sites or producers and marketers of building materials.
- Undergraduate diploma (or higher)
- For Thesis Degree:
- Minimum Graduation Degree should be: 2.30 / 4.00
- GRE (New): Minimum 151,
- GRE (Old): Minimum 640 or
- GMAT: Minimum 465
- For the Non-Thesis Degree:
- Only English Language Criteria should be considered before application
- For Thesis Degree:
- The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: English/Turkish.
Often you can get a suitable transcript from your school. If this is not the case, you will need official translations along with verified copies of the original.
- Territory requirements: Please be Informed that application details for thesis and non-thesis degree are different and you could apply to only one program. The interchange option between programs is not possible.
- Language requirements: English TOEFL IBT: Minimum 72; CAE, CPE: Minimum C; PTE: Minimum 55; Yasar University FLAT Examination: Minimum 65
- At least 1 reference(s) must be provided.
- A motivation letter must be added to your application.
- A relevant portfolio is required.
- Portfolio of previous architectural design works
About the School
Yasar University, an English medium, foundation university, is located in the centre of the city of Izmir on the scenic west coast of Turkey. The university offers over 60 degree programs at undergrad ... Read More