Computer systems affect every part of our daily lives and are used in every conceivable type of organisation. These systems are highly interdisciplinary with historical roots in mathematics, physics and electronics.
The MSc Applied Informatics programme will train you for advanced technical or managerial roles in computing areas such as finance informatics, information systems or telecommunications.
Graduates of this programme, as with all XJTLU masters degrees, earn a University of Liverpool degree that is recognised by the Chinese Ministry of Education.
Knowledge and skills
Studying the MSc Applied Informatics programme will equip you with:
- theoretical and practical knowledge of key technological and business areas in today's IT industry and research.
- practical skills in research, analysis, realisation and evaluation of IT systems including the write-up of technical or research documents.
- key tools enabling you to enhance and apply your skills in management, design and the implementation of IT-based solutions to different application domains.
You will choose five required modules, a dissertation project and three optional modules from areas such as financial mathematics, telecommunications, interactive systems, social computing or information security.
- Data mining and Big Data analytics
- Object-oriented programming
- Project management
- Research methods
- Software architectures
- Computational methods in finance
- Computer systems security
- Image and video processing
- Interactive systems
- Mobile communications
- Social network analysis
- Social web programming.
Additional learning activity modules
MSc Applied Informatics graduates will find employment in the IT sector as systems analysts and managers, software engineers, application architects and developers or project leaders. Some students choose to continue as a PhD candidate.
RMB 90,000 for the entire 18-month full-time programme.
University tuition fees cover the cost of your study with us.
An undergraduate degree (UK 2:1 or equivalent) in information and computing science, information and management systems, or related fields such as engineering or finance.
English language requirements
- IELTS: 6.0 (minimum of 5.0 in all sections)
- TOEFL iBT: 80
This school offers programs in:
Last updated December 10, 2017