This one-year taught course is primarily aimed at design graduates who wish to enhance their skills and knowledge of cutting edge product design practice.
It aims to produce successful individuals who can:
- Understand the whole of the professional design development process and how the initial phases flow to inform the latter stages.
- Appreciate commercial realities and the designer’s role in business.
- Design desirable products for bespoke, batch or mass manufacture.
- Understand sustainability, inclusively, and other important ethical and social issues that must be considered by today’s designers.
- Have traditional design skills such as sketching, dealing with form, communication and innovation.
- Are able to use design tools such as 3D CAD, CAM and rapid prototyping in order to optimise the design and reduce time to market.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated September 29, 2017