This is a specialised programme of study of advanced computing technologies, data science and data analytics focusing on areas of expertise and research specialisation within the Department of Computer Science and Information Systems. Modules cover state-of-the-art techniques in areas including the management and analysis of 'big data', software development of information systems in cloud, mobile and web-based architectures, and computational methods for intelligent information management and analysis.
You will gain specialist knowledge of the above areas, which you can then employ in the analysis of problems arising in the use of advanced computing technologies, evaluation and application of technologies, and research into, and development of, new technologies.
Why study this course at Birkbeck?
- Designed for students wishing to advance their knowledge of advanced computing technologies, data science and data analytics.
- You may be working in the IT sector already and wish to update your skills or may intend to pursue a career in IT or a research degree.
- Significant coverage of emerging technologies and research developments in areas of growing importance in the IT industry.
- You may choose modules in specialised areas leading to the award of an MSc Data Analytics, MSc Information and Web Technologies or MSc Intelligent Technologies.
- You will have 24-hour access to several laboratories of networked PCs with a range of language compilers, database and other application software. We are connected, via the SuperJANET network, to the computers of other academic institutions in London, elsewhere in the UK and abroad.
Careers and employability
Graduates go on to careers in software engineering, information systems management, consultancy and research.
Cost & Fees
- Part-time home/EU students: £ 3975 pa
- Full-time home/EU students: £ 7950 pa
- Part-time overseas students: £ 7225 pa
- Full-time overseas students: £ 14450 pa
This school offers programs in:
Last updated February 1, 2018