25% Tuition fee discount if paid by 30th April 2018 + 5% Extra discount for 2 payment instalments
- The Mediterranean is a highly specialised College for Networks & Security studies.
- The programme stands out for the emphasis in Network Management, Network Security and Wireless Networks.
- The course follows the industry-recognised CISCO Certified Network Professional (CCNP) Routing and Switching.
- Students’ practical skills develop even further by using our Cisco-certified networking laboratories.
- This course is taught by experienced computer network specialists and active industry professionals.
- Students produce high-level research that can lead to publications in international conferences and journals.
Communicating networks link the world of computing and telecommunications, and computer networking, the internet, and mobile communications are amongst the most highly sought after skills in the computing industry today.
This programme has been developed in consultation with leading employers and industry to ensure the content is relevant and up-to-date. You will study the methods and techniques used to plan, configure and verify the implementation of complex enterprise switching and routing solutions. You will develop a critical and in-depth awareness of the theory, methods, and issues involved in the design, development and deployment of modern wireless networks.
The course will focus on secure networking systems and examine advanced concepts in ethical systems penetration, attack signature detection and mainstream host based and network based protection methods. Information governance and law is of increasing importance, therefore you will critically evaluate issues of good governance in the context of the design, deployment, operation and management of Information and information systems. The highlight of this course is that it follows the most important aspects of the industry-recognised CISCO Certified Network Professional (CCNP) Routing and Switching, which will develop your practical skills even further by using our networking laboratories.
Email a picture or scan of your school or univeristy transcipt for quick entry evalauation: email@example.com
The programme addresses:
- Graduates of Higher Education Institutions, Colleges or overseas Universities in a Computing discipline.
- Non-University graduates, holders of vocational training certificates (from Vocational Training Institutes (IEK) or HND or equivalent), having significant work experience in Computing.
Requirements for registration:
- Copy of the last studies certificate *
- CV (in English)
- Reference Letters (2)
- Good knowledge of English (IELTS 6.5 level or equivalent) **
- Academic interview
- Photos (2)
- Copy of ID-card/ passport
*Candidates without a first degree are also encouraged to apply for the programme. Factors like the possession of other professional qualifications, proven experience in Computing and commitment to continuing personal & professional development, may contribute to the admission to the programme.
**Candidates without official English language certificates can sit the English language placement test of Mediterranean College.
Structure & Content
The programme comprises six 20-credit modules and a diploma thesis of 60 credits and is offered either in a full-time or a part-time model. The course follows the syllabus of the CISCO CCNP for those who have already obtained the CCNA. If you’re not already qualified to CCNA you will have the opportunity to study the CCNA syllabus if required. The whole programme is brought together by an in-depth project through the Independent Scholarship module in an area of your choice, which may be focused on your current role if you are studying part-time, or which could be in an area where you see your career developing.
|Year 1||Year 1||Year 2||Year 2|
|Semester 1||Semester 2||Semester 3||Semester 4|
|Studying at Masters Level and Research Methods.
Network Management Concepts
|Advanced Network Switching.
|Advanced Network Routing
Mobile & Wireless Networking
Teaching & Learning
You’ll learn through lectures, seminars, discussion groups, practical sessions, presentations and blended learning. You’ll gain theoretical and practical skills using our specialist networking laboratories. During the course, you’ll follow the CISCO CCNP syllabus (CCNA material available), which means your practical skills will be developed even further. You’ll be assessed by a mixture of coursework and examinations. There will be a range of coursework techniques including analytical essays, reports on lab-based problems, research paper, assignments using case studies, multi-task portfolios and presentations.
An essential part of the programme is the final project (independent study), where students produce high-level research on a particular issue of their interest, and under the supervision of an experienced tutor may be led to a publication in conferences or academic journals. The learning experience is further enriched through the activities of the School of Computing.
Why choose this course
- It is the only postgraduate programme in Greece on advanced computer networks and it stands out because it focuses on network management, network security and wireless networks, thus creating well-rounded professionals.
- The course follows the syllabus of the CISCO CCNP for those who have already obtained the CCNA. Students that are not qualified to CCNA will have the opportunity to study the CCNA syllabus. Students can pursue all major Cisco certifications with subsidised fees at the Mediterranean College Cisco Academy.
- The course is delivered in large-scale networks simulators, in the Cisco Academy certified Labs, where students get in touch with Cisco devices which will later use in the industry (since Cisco is the largest networks equipment supplier worldwide).
- Students are assessed through professionally oriented methods including analytical essays, reports on lab-based problems, research paper, assignments using case studies, multi-task portfolios and presentations.
- Academic staff are all active, industry professionals with substantial experience in networks and are also accredited lecturers of the University of Derby for every module they teach. Mediterranean College implements an integrated system of recruitment, assessment and continuing professional development of academic staff so that students receive excellent teaching and personal support to develop their social and professional skills.
- Mediterranean College has developed an integrated Employability plan, the MC Employability Scheme, focused on the contemporary needs of our Computing students: career counselling and professional development, regular guest lectures, real projects, seminars, networking events, employability fair, internship scheme.
- The University of Derby (Guardian University Guide 2017) is a TOP-50 UK University and in the TOP-10 for student employability. This stems from constantly developing the curriculum as directed by employers, professional and accreditation bodies.
Further Study & Career
Graduates of the programme, according to the Greek law, are holders of an accredited master’s degree, professionally equivalent to those awarded by Greek State Higher Education Institutions. If they wish so, they can have their degree recognised by the Greek authorities. Throughout the course, students cover the basic theories and practice the lab sessions for the CCNP certification, which they can acquire after a short preparation and exams. In case they are not certified to the CCNP level, the can first study towards the CCNA.
This way they can make the most out of their time at the College, and along with a powerful postgraduate degree, also add extra elements in their skills set. Graduates have excellent employment and earnings potential as prospects include working for network consultancy companies, providing in-house network design, support and management.
There is also a growing demand for specialists in network security and in network programming. Alternatively, they could undertake further research leading to a PhD.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated March 13, 2018