Choose Kingston's Accounting and Finance MSc
Enhance your career prospects with a course that equips you with the skills you need to gain high-level positions in the accounting and finance industries. We offer you practical experience with industry-standard methods, tools and data, set in a global context and taught by international staff.
- This course has been ranked in the top 50 accountancy and auditing courses in western Europe by the Eduniversal masters ranking 2015/16.
- Kingston Business School was one of only a few of the 120 UK business schools to be awarded an 'excellent' rating for its teaching quality by the Higher Education Funding Council.
- Kingston Business School has joined an elite group of global institutions to be awarded the prestigious international accreditation by the AACSB (Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business). A hallmark of excellence in business education, the accreditation has been earned by just 5 percent of the world's business schools.
- The programme has been developed in consultation with finance professionals at RBS Capital Markets, Commerzbank AG, Standard Chartered Bank and NatWest Bank to give you the practical, real-life skills employers require in this highly competitive sector.
- We are one of only a handful of UK universities that offer a Bloomberg trading room, giving you the opportunity to develop the hands-on skills employers want.
- There are regular talks from practising industry experts such as the former head of Financial Services Authority.
- As well as studying an international curriculum, you will meet and work with students from a wide variety of countries and cultures who can add international insight to class discussions and working groups, and give you a global alumni network.
- Study in London's happiest borough, with London's lowest crime rate, but still be within easy reach of central London.
"In certain City jobs, the ability to use Bloomberg terminals is as important as being able to use Microsoft Office." – Dr George Alexandrou, principal lecturer, Department of Accounting and Finance
What you will study
During your Accounting and Finance MSc, you will develop your understanding of financial accounting, modelling and reporting, and how this integrates into a business environment. You will look at how theoretical and conceptual issues combine in the operational and practical activities of management accounting.
You will also look at the political, economic, social, technological, legal and environmental factors that influence an organisation's social responsibilities and how they integrate with a company's strategic decision-making processes. You will examine the core theories of finance and investment, and how they can be used in practical decision-making.
"Like for like, this is one of the top programmes in the UK... it was created, and is taught, by academics who have worked at leading international business schools as well as top global financial institutions." – Dr Mohammed Nurullah, course director
You will be assessed according to a combination of assignments, case studies, formal examinations and dissertation.
Eduniversal best masters winner 2016
This course has been rated by the Eduniversal masters ranking 2015/16 as one of the best accounting and finance masters courses in western Europe.
Please note that this is an indicative list of modules and is not intended as a definitive list. Those listed here may also be a mixture of core and optional modules.
- Financial Accounting and Financial Management
- Management Accounting
- Market-based Accounting
- Financial Modelling and Research Methods
- Corporate Finance and Financial Statement Analysis
- International Money and Finance
- Auditing and Control
- Financial Reporting
- Research Project
Learn a language
You will have the opportunity to study a foreign language, free of charge, during your time at the University as part of the Kingston Language Scheme. Options currently include Arabic, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Mandarin, Portuguese, Russian and Spanish.
Cost & Fees
Home and European Union: £10,000
Overseas (not EU): £14,500
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 28, 2018