The executive master’s programme in Cyber Security takes a multidisciplinary approach that helps you develop effective and sustainable solutions to cyber risks and threats.
Why study Cyber Security?
This programme is designed for highly educated professionals (computer scientists, lawyers, policy makers) with several years of professional experience in and/or affinity with issues in the field of cyber security.
The programme of the Cyber Security Academy The Hague (CSA) will teach you to make connections between technical, legal and social scientific aspects of cyber security, so you can come to effective and sustainable solutions for cyber risks and threats. Subsequently, you will be able to contribute effectively to sustainable strategies for digital defensibility and security of society as a whole, including organisations and citizens.
During this programme, you will learn to:
- Identify the complexities and interdependencies in cyber space
- Contribute solutions to cyber risks, both from a technological and a policy and administrative approach
- Relegate cyber threats to acceptable risks
- Build a bridge between largely technical and more administrative-oriented professionals in organisations
- Translate technical and operational issues to a strategic level
- Reflect critically on new developments and results of research into cyber security
- Offer independent contributions to cyber security research
This programme is offered by Leiden University, Delft University of Technology and The Hague University of Applied Sciences and various private partners, under the umbrella of the Cyber Security Academy.
Reasons to choose Cyber Security at Leiden University?
As a student in the Cyber Security programme, you will benefit from:
- Expert instructors: The programme is taught by top experts from Leiden University, TU Delft and The Hague University of Applied Sciences. You will also have guest lectures from professionals such as management consultants (KPMG, VKA, KPN) and technical specialists (NFI, ENCS, FOX-IT).
- Ties to the industry: You will learn at The Hague Security Delta campus, which is the leading European security cluster of private and public organisations and knowledge institutions in the broad field of security.
- Advanced facilities: You will have access to multifunctional spaces with modern IT facilities such as a Real-Time Intelligence Centre and a Serious Gaming Lab.
Is Cyber Security the right programme for you?
Are you a professional who deals with cybersecurity issues in the public or private sector? Do you have a background in administration, law or IT? Would you like to further your expertise in cybersecurity, improving your ability to meet the challenges of today and tomorrow?
This programme is designed for highly educated professionals (computer scientists, lawyers, policymakers) with several years of professional experience in and/or affinity with issues in the field of cybersecurity.
Admission and Application
Do you want to apply for this master’s programme at Leiden University? Find out how to apply for your programme by following the step-by-step guide in the application and admission section:
This school offers programs in:
Last updated November 2, 2018