MS in Traditional Engineering Management
The traditional Engineering Management (EMGT) track is composed of 36 hours of graduate courses. The program can be completed either face-to-face or partially online. Students can choose either a capstone or a thesis option. All students need to complete 21 hours of core courses. Students in the capstone option need to complete 12 hours of elective courses and 3 hours of a capstone. Students who choose a thesis option need to complete 9 hours of elective courses and at least 6 hours of thesis credit.
Refer to traditional Engineering Management MS degree plan.
To apply, applicants must hold a bachelor's degree in engineering, science or related fields. Work experience in related fields is not required but preferred. The graduate admission committee will ensure that applicants have the appropriate academic and professional background based on the following criteria:
- All of UHCL and the College of Science and Engineering general graduate admission requirements
- A resume summarizing applicant's career objectives and professional experience
- Three letters of recommendation from current or former academic advisers or work supervisors
- The Graduate Record Examination (GRE) is required of all candidates applying for admission, a minimum total GRE score of 290 with minimum scores of 145 (quantitative) and 140 (verbal), respectively. The Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) may substitute for the GRE
- A grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or greater (4.0-grade scale) on the last 60 hours of coursework
- Calculus and undergraduate level probability and statistics as a prerequisite depending on applicant’s academic background
- A scientific writing course as a prerequisite depending on GRE verbal and essay scores
- All of the College of Science and Engineering general degree requirements
- Completion of a minimum of at least 36 semester hours from an approved list of courses
- No undergraduate level credits will be allowed for the EMGT master's degree
If you have any questions, please contact academic advisors; phone 281-283-3711, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please check here for Traditional Engineering Management MS degree plan or Fully Online Engineering Management MS degree plan.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 22, 2018