MS in Computing
SZABIST offers MS degree with majors in Information Technology, Software Engineering, Computer Sciences & Information Security Management. The MS is an evening program only and consists of 8 courses and a Thesis / Research Project / Course Work.
For students with a 4 year BS or 2 year MCS degree, the MS is a two-year program. 9 MS courses and Thesis/ Research Project/Course Work are needed to graduate (33 credit hours).
For students with a 4-year professional degree (BE, MSc etc.), the MS Program is a two-year program. Deficiency conversion courses and 9 MS courses and Thesis/Research Project/Course Work are needed to graduate (33 credit hours +18 credit hours of deficiency courses.)
For students with a 3 year BCS degree, the MS Program is a three-year program. One year of deficiency conversion courses and 9 MS courses and Thesis or Research Project is needed to graduate (33 credit hours + 30 credit hours of deficiency courses.)
For students with a 2/3 year non-relevant bachelor degree (BA, BCom, BSc etc.), the MCS Program is a two-year program consists of 20 courses with a total of 60 Credit hours and Thesis or Research Project are needed to graduate.
The maximum time limit to complete the MS/MCS degree is five years.
Program structure (for students with a 4 year BS or 2 year MCS degree)
- Advanced Database Systems
- Research Methodology
- Telecom Management
- Elective I (Independent Study I)
- Information Security and Assurance
- Information Technology Infrastructure
- Elective II
- Elective III (Independent Study II)
- Elective IV
- Thesis/Research Project/Coursework
- Co-requisite V
- Co-requisite VI
- Thesis / Research Project / Course Work
Co-requisite courses (6 out of the following 9 courses)
- Operating Systems
- Digital Systems
- Software Engineering Analysis
- Computer Networks
- Object-Oriented Techniques
- Programming Languages and Data Structure
- Computer Organization
- Software Development and Modeling
- Database Design and Application
Program taught in: