Computer Science, M.S.
Computer Science has become an increasingly valuable field for professionals in IT, engineering, cybersecurity, and application development.
The Master of Science degree in Computer Science program prepares you with an advanced understanding of the principles that underlie the science of computing. Upon completion of the program, you will be able to:
- Design and implement efficient, effective, scalable, and secure software systems to meet project needs.
- Design, implement and evaluate network-based distributed systems, components, and applications that interact with their environment.
- Evaluate and enhance the security of information systems against zero-day cyber attack.
- Create solutions that collect, communicate, visualize, process, store, and secure large volumes of actionable data.
- Integrate custom software and hardware to create systems that automate and improve diverse processes.
- Conduct cutting-edge research in Computer Science that pushes the frontiers of what we know about this most dynamic of fields.
The Master of Science in Computer Science degree program allows you to choose a specialization specific to your career goals and professional interests:
- Software Engineering
- Cyber Security
- Intelligent Systems
Why Lewis, for your MS Computer Science Degree?
- Ranked in the Top-25 Midwest Region, by U.S. News & World Report.
- Faculty connections in the computer science industry bring job opportunities and real-world projects to Lewis.
- New facilities and labs, including a software engineering and security and networking labs.
- Access to the latest versions of the commercial and open-source software.
- Internship co-op program with Argonne National Laboratory and several other employers.
- Balanced curriculum that combines theory and practice, allowing for a deeper understanding of computer science technologies.
For specific information about the MS Computer Science courses and the three concentrations (Software Engineering, Cyber Security, Intelligent Systems), please see the Curriculum here.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 29, 2018