Cutting-Edge Skills for Managing in a World of Rapid Change
The MS in Communications & Information Management prepares graduates to thrive in an economy defined by accelerated technology development, as well as, providing them with access to the knowledge and skills needed to face challenges of a dynamic and global business environment. Making cross-disciplinary connections among functional areas of business are core elements of the program.
STUDENTS WILL LEARN TO:
- USE TOOLS, RESOURCES, PROCESSES, AND TECHNOLOGY TO ACCESS AND EVALUATE INFORMATION
- DEEPEN ANALYTICAL THINKING, CREATIVITY, COMMUNICATION, PROBLEM-SOLVING, DECISION-MAKING, AND PROJECT MANAGEMENT SKILLS
- BECOME PROFICIENT IN DATA LITERACY, TECHNOLOGICAL LITERACY, AND HUMAN/COMMUNICATION LITERACY
- UNDERSTAND RELEVANT STRATEGIES FOR NEW BUSINESS FRONTIERS GROUNDED IN COMMUNICATION THEORY, BUSINESS PRINCIPLES, AND INFORMATION/BIG DATA MANAGEMENT
About the Degree
The MS in Communications & Information Management degree was designed for any college graduate who wants to invent, discover, and produce value in your organization.
- Classes start every February, June, and October
- 36 credit, 12-course program is offered 100% online or blended (online/ on campus)
- The accelerated 8-week format can be taken full or part-time
- Students usually complete their degree in 1-2 years, see program outcomes
- Our extraordinary and highly skilled faculty are accomplished in the field, learn more about our program director, Robin Saunders
- Receives high accolades from our students, see what they are saying
- Students learn in a small, intimate, highly dynamic and interactive online community
- Access to mentoring, tutoring, library resources, academic resources, and career services assists students in becoming independent and successful learners
- Degree combination options
- Financial aid is available
- No GRE or GMAT required
Ray Kurzweil, Director of Engineering, Google, notes, “Because of the explosive power of exponential growth, the twenty-first century will be the equivalent to 20,000 years of progress at today’s rate of progress; organizations have to be able to redefine themselves at a faster and faster pace” and managers and leaders have to be ready for this age of acceleration.
Thomas Friedman writes in Thank You for Being Late, “To succeed now, we have to continually refresh our stocks of knowledge by participating in the relevant flows of new knowledge." Holistic systems thinking, the ability to make connections between functional areas of business, and cutting-edge communication skills are hallmarks of Bay Path University's MS in Communications & Information Management (CIM) program. The technological revolution and the digital age have opened the floodgates to the vast ocean of data and CIM graduates are educated to manage the systems and lead the personnel that are required to create success in any 21st-century organization.
Communications and Information Management Careers after Bay Path
Students graduate with the managerial skills needed to seize opportunities, work as a team, and help make an organization function well.
- HEALTH CARE
- DATA NETWORKS
- FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONS
Program taught in: