Business Analytics, M.S.
Learn how to analyze and leverage data to make powerful and profitable business decisions. More and more organizations are looking for data-driven decision makers – those with the educational qualifications to make strategic, operations, marketing and healthcare decisions based on objective and rock-solid data-driven business intelligence.
Demand for Data Analysts is Skyrocketing
Analytic skills are becoming more important to all industries. How can retailers predict the hottest holiday gifts more than a year in advance? How did Macy’s enhance its email marketing program to increase profits? How did Deere & Company save more than $1 billion by optimizing its inventory? How does Facebook find your friends? More and more organizations are looking for qualified individuals able to help unlock the business secrets hiding within their data.
Data-Driven Professionals Will Lead the Future of Business
Everyone is talking about “big data”. But there aren’t nearly enough qualified individuals ready to help organizations analyze and leverage data intelligence for improved decision making. Your Master’s in Business Analytics from Lewis University will prepare you to do just that and enter one of the fastest-growing careers around.
Perfect Mix of Business and Information Technology Education
You will attain a working knowledge of how to use data intelligence tools for informed and objective decision making. Through an interdisciplinary curriculum you will:
- Get real-world and hands-on experience with state-of-the-art data mining and business intelligence tools and technologies
- Gain the quantitative and data analysis skills required to solve complex business problems
- Learn how to develop a corporate strategy by exploring relationships in an organization’s "big data" and predictive decision modeling.
- Learn how to analyze large data sets to uncover hidden relationships and make more informed business decisions
- Gain a working knowledge of data analysis techniques such as decision trees, classification, clustering, segmentation, decision support systems, search algorithms, data mining, factor and discriminant analysis and optimization concepts for data
- Identify business requirements, conduct feasibility analysis, and develop data warehouse models to make informed decisions.
Four Concentrations to Customize for Your Career Interests
Analytical skills are becoming more important across a wide variety of industries. Customize your Master’s in Business Analytics degree with one of the following concentrations to match your specific career interests:
- Marketing Analytics: Learn how to design data-driven marketing and advertising campaigns that optimize ROI across all promotional platforms.
- Financial Analytics: Combining fundamental analytics theory with the abundant data available in financial markets, financial analysts can help solve quantitative problems ranging from maximizing stock price to determining optimal portfolios.
- Healthcare Analytics: The medical and diagnostic secrets hidden in the “big data” of patient outcome records are going to change the healthcare industry. Be a part of this massive and imminent shift toward improved patient health.
- Operations Analytics: Learn how to leverage data to design efficient processes that reduce costs while increasing productivity and profitability for any organization.
For specific information about the MS Business Analytics concentrations and graduation requirements, please see the Curriculum here.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 29, 2018