The Smith School is known for its academic excellence. Our specialty masters programs optimize our top faculty, resources and location to transform you into a business professional ready to lead, no matter which specialization you pursue.
The Master of Science in Accounting program produces highly trained accounting professionals who are prepared for the accountability and the expanded role accounting plays in consulting, information management and strategic planning. You’ll learn to carry out the rigorous internal auditing required to meet today’s strict accounting and auditing standards. Key topics include: internal auditing application and practice; forensic auditing and its role in fraud prevention, deterrence, detection and control; business ethics for accountants and auditors; and current trends in corporate governance.
Managerial and financial accounting classes
The following are required to be considered for admission into the program:
- The equivalent of a US bachelor's degree
- Sufficient quantitative background — exposure to linear algebra and advanced statistics is highly recommended
- GMAT or GRE
- Letter of recommendation
- Professional resume
- Video response
- TOEFL or IELTS — if you do not have a 4 year or advanced degree from a country where English is the official language
- January 10, 2019 — Priority deadline for merit award consideration for international applicants
- February 15, 2019 — Priority deadline for merit award consideration for domestic applicants
- March 15, 2019
Applications completed by these deadlines will be informed of a decision within eight weeks.
About the School
Tomorrow’s business leaders need to grapple with emerging markets and the growing integration of the world’s economies. Our global learning opportunities challenge students and equip them to compete g ... Read More