Are you ready to launch a career? Are you a working professional or undergraduate needing 30 units for CPA certification? Great news! Previously designed for students with little to no accounting background, our Master of Science in Accountancy degree now welcomes anyone with an accounting undergraduate degree, as well.
Our MSA program is the longest-running such program in northern California. We are an exceptionally good fit if you want to live and work as a professional accountant in Silicon Valley.
Exciting internships. Excellent CPA exam results. And plenty of expanded networking and career opportunities ahead.
If you plan to become a CPA and want to live and work as a professional accountant in Silicon Valley, you will not find a better program than ours. The MSA program consists of 30 units offered in an accelerated format, which you can complete in two to three full-time semesters. Admission is offered each fall semester.
Admission to the MSA program is offered each fall semester. These requirements are for ALL students and include:
- Four-year bachelors degree (any major) from an accredited U.S. college or university or an equivalent degree from a recognized institution outside the United States.
- For transcripts or degrees earned outside of the United States and Canada: Graduate Admissions (GAPE) requires that you submit a WES (Basic or ICAP) evaluation. Directions are available on the WES (World Education Services) website, https://www.wes.org/.
- 3.0-grade point average on a 4.0 scale, last 60 semester/90 quarter units.
- GMAT or GRE: Scores at the 50th percentile in both the verbal and quantitative sections of the exam. Conditional on approval of the MSA Director, SJSU students who achieve a 3.5 GPA in upper division prerequisite courses 2 through 6 below can be granted a waiver from the GMAT/GRE requirement. For consideration of the GMAT/GRE waiver, you MUST complete the CSU application and the waiver request which requires you to attach documentation.
The seven prerequisite courses are:
Introductory Financial Accounting (lower division course, the gateway to upper division courses 2-6)
Intermediate Financial Accounting I
Intermediate Financial Accounting II
Accounting Information Systems
Management Accounting and Control Systems
Taxation of Individuals and Flow-Through Entities
Statistics (lower division course)
- English Language Proficiency exam may be required if you have earned your degree outside of the United States. You may select one of these exams:
- TOEFL score of 90 or higher (IBT)
- IELTS score of 7.5 or higher
- Personal statement
- Two letters of recommendation
- Program Type: Full-time
- Completion Time: 2 semesters
- Courses to complete degree: 10 courses (30 units)
- Schedule: Day and evening classes
- International Students F-1 Visa: Yes
- Admission: Fall
- Location: SJSU main campus
- Estimated Costs: $17,255 for CA residents and $29,135 for non-residents and international students