M.S. in User Experience and Interaction Design
About the Program
The Master of Science in User Experience and Interaction Design is an 18-month to two-year on-campus program made up of 31-37 credits, depending on an applicant’s qualifications upon entering the program. This program is designed to prepare working professionals and recent college graduates to expand their careers into the rapidly moving fields of User Experience Design (UX) and Interaction Design (IxD).
Philadelphia University User Experience and Interaction Design students:
- Develop skills in planning, organizing and executing an interactive visual design.
- Practice critical thinking skills and problem-solving for complex interactive design projects on both a formal and conceptual level.
- Gain a competence in digital technologies, analytics, information design, strategy and methods of usability.
- Learn to collaborative on interdisciplinary work, fundamental to the success of in digital design.
- Learn best practices in visual communication and information literacy.
- Expand development, production and post-production knowledge.
What is User Experience (UX) and Interaction Design (IxD)?
The role of UX and IxD expands as digital technology allows for more and more innovative applications. We must create aesthetic, engaging and dynamic experiences for users to interact with in order to take full advantage of current and future technologies, and immerse users in media. For these reasons, a Master of Science in User Experience and Interaction Design degree prepares graduates with the necessary skills to evolve the standards of communication and interaction.
To compete in today's growing market, professionals must have the tools necessary to approach each task effectively, including practical interactive knowledge, technological skills, development, production and post-production knowledge, visual communication skills and information literacy.
Graduates from the Master of Science in User Experience and Interaction program are equipped with the knowledge and expertise to fulfill many possible careers, such as:
- Interaction Design
- User Experience Design
- User Research
- Usability Analysis
- Information Architecture
- Digital Project Management
- Creative Direction
- Mobile Application Design
- User Interface Design
- Front End Web Development
- Interactive Design
- Web and Multimedia Design
Recent graduates have found themselves in creative positions at a diverse range of companies from small to medium businesses and larger companies such as Comcast Interactive Media, QVC, Disney ABC Television Group, SAP, and NBCUniversal. Many graduates also find themselves seeking a fast-paced career in an agency environment. Rosetta, Digitas Health, Night Kitchen Media, Red Tettemer, AYC Media and Razorfish are just a few of the notable agencies where PhilaU graduates have expanded their professional careers.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated November 16, 2018