THIS PROGRAM IS TAUGHT IN FRENCH
MS OSE - Energy Systems Optimization
The MINES ParisTech Advanced Master's Degree "Energy Systems Optimization"(OSE) is a high-level up-to-date Post-Master educational program in the energy field.
It is certified by the French Conference des Grandes Ecoles (C.G.E.).
It is taught in French.
This Advanced Master trains young engineers to be able to manage the energy projects of the future, in a specific context where markets are unregulated and problems of the environment are increasing.
They will get technical skills, but also economical and legal skills.
This program is delivered in partnership with the CREDEN (Centre de Recherche en économie et Droit de l'énergie) of Montpellier University and the EDHEC (Ecole des Hautes études commerciales du Nord).
6 months of academic courses:
The theoretical part takes place in Sophia Antipolis in the research center of "Mathematiques appliquees" of MINES ParisTech and lasts 6 months.
It is divided into 4 modules:
- Energetic Chain Analysis (climatic changes and control of energy needs)
- Optimization (decision-making support, long-term perspective, mathematical programming)
- Projects Management and Finance
- New energetic concepts: economical, political and environmental aspects
Among theses theoretical courses:
- Numerous team works: publications syntheses, organization of "OSE meeting" or study trip
- Technology watch
6 months of professional mission:
The professional mission is a specific study performed in a company. The mission subject is seriously selected by the Advanced Master supervisor. The student will be supervised by a professor and a representative from the company. The mission will be closed with a professional thesis and an oral defense.
Example of the company:
EDF Research and Development Department
- Global knowledges in the energy sector
- Methods for decision-making support and optimization of energy systems
- Knowledge in management, marketing, finance and investment chooses
- Technical and scientific expertise in the energy sector
Engineers expert in technical studies or economical analysis, in purchase department, finance department of big energy companies or consulting companies etc. such as :
Air Liquide, Arcelor-Mittal, groupe AREVA, EDF, Ademe, GDF-Suez, Soregies, Roquette, Altran, Véolia, Poweo, RTE etc.
- Partners as industrial firms, Management school and university
- Tuitions fees covered by industrial partners
- Salary for each student
- Small classes with individual supervising
- Network of graduates of the Advanced Master
Last updated January 23, 2018