THIS PROGRAM IS TAUGHT IN ENGLISH
MS MAPMOD - Materials, Processing, and Modeling
The MINES ParisTech Advanced Master's Degree MAPMOD is a high-level up-to-date post-master program in the field of materials and modeling. It is certified by the French Conference des Grandes Ecoles (CGE).
It is entirely taught in English.
This Advanced Master is a one-year training program designed to meet today’s industrial expectations in the field of materials.
The Advanced Master provides each student with the possibility to build his own program by selecting a coherent set of courses after having taken a compulsory set of courses. Some predefined courses are proposed such as computational metallurgy, experimental characterization of materials, computational mechanics for materials.
6 months of theoretical and applied courses evaluated through applied technical, scientific and management projects:
1- Basics – 150h
- Continuum Mechanics
- Numerical analysis
- Materials physics
- Characterisation – Basics
- Mechanics of Materials
2- Specialization (to be selected) – 100h
- Numerical Analysis
3- Professionalizing – 150h
- Scientific Presentation
- Project Management
- Job prospection
- Industrial Conferences
- Industrial Visits
4- Preparing the professional thesis - 200h
Besides these courses, students will work during all the year on an industrial project defined in cooperation with one of our many industrial partners, part-time work during the first semester and full time during the professional training project:
Six months of professional training project:
This 6 months full-time training period is a specific research project performed by a company. The topics are jointly selected by senior researchers of CEMEF and by the companies where the student will perform the work. The student will be supervised by a researcher and a representative from the company hosting the student. The project is completed by a written report and an oral defense.
At the end of the program, the students will be able to:
- apply their expertise in materials processing and characterization
- solve industrial problems using numerical modeling tools
- validate modeling approaches using experimental data
- manage multidisciplinary projects
- R&D positions for national and international companies in the following areas: automotive, software development, aeronautics, energy, an automotive supplier, engineering design,
- Large industrial companies,
- Expert in of R&D departments of manufacturing companies (processing, transformation, and usage),
- Software development companies,
- Research engineer in public research organizations.
- Excellent scientific and technical supervision
- High-technology environment thanks to the research center CEMEF
- Close connection with leading industrial corporations
- Small classes with individualized supervising
Last updated February 8, 2018