THIS PROGRAM IS TAUGHT IN FRENCH
MS ENR - Renewable Energy
The MINES Paristech Advanced Master's Degree "Renewable Energy" (ENR) is a high-level up-to-date European Post-Master educational programme specialized in the field of energy.
It is certified by the French Conference des Grandes Ecoles (C.G.E.).
Lectures are given in French.
This Advanced Master's degree aims to give already graduated Engineers a technical specialization on renewable energies such as solar or wind energy or hybrid systems.
At the end of the program, they will be able to propose technical solutions to industries in this sector.
This programme is delivered in partnership with EUREC (European Renewable Energy Centres) and the Universities of Loughborough, Saragosse, Oldenbourg, Newcastle, Athens and Kassel in Germany, United Kingdom, Spain and Greece.
The programme begins with theoretical courses followed by a practical mission.
The theoretical courses (8 months) are divided into two parts:
First part: core competencies (4 months)
This part takes place in the MINES ParisTech research centre CEP in Sophia Antipolis near Nice:
1. Basic technical knowledge on the different renewable energy technologies
2. Core Solar
3. Core Wind
4. Core Bioenergy
5. Core Water
Second part: specialization (4 months)
This part takes place in one of the 6 European Universities partners of the programme in Spain, Germany, United Kingdom or Greece.
Practical mission (6 months)
The practical mission is realized in an industrial context, in a company or a research centre in connection with a specialization. The student will be supervised by a researcher and a representative from the company hosting the mission. The mission will be closed by a professional thesis and an oral defence.
The learning outcomes can be expressed as follows :
- Sound understanding of the energy sector including renewable and conventional energy technologies
- Basic technical knowledge of the different renewable energy technologies:
- evaluation of the resource
- introduction to the conversion process
- performance of systems in operation
- tools for simulation and sizing
- Ability to make an economic evaluation of the profitability and competitiveness of renewable energy projects.
Project manager in the renewable energy sector, in a big firm or in a small company, as in startups.
- Excellent scientific and technical supervision of the
- Department of Research of Energetic Process of MINES ParisTech
- EUREC agency network in the Renewable Energy
- Experience in two European countries
- Small classes with individual supervising
Last updated February 8, 2018