The Cybersecurity graduate programs prepare students and professionals for demanding positions in public and private sectors overseeing, operating or protecting critical computer systems, information, networks, infrastructures and communications networks from cyber crime, cyber fraud and cyber espionage. Webster University students who complete the cybersecurity master's degree or graduate certificate program are able to effectively propose solutions to securing cyber networks and ensure online security. Graduate students will be well-versed to apply their knowledge and critical thinking related to domestic and international legal systems, private and public policies, and ethics, as they apply cybersecurity to:
- Digital Information protection
- Cyber Terrorism
- Cyber Fraud & theft
- Cyber Intelligence & counterintelligence
- Digital forensics
- Pre-emptive and strategic force operation application situations
Points of Distinction
- Small classes, personal attention, international perspective, and real-world approach to learning that Webster University is noted for worldwide.
- Webster University has one of the highest graduate business enrollments in the U.S.
- Our faculty members have appropriate credentials, experience and have been published in magazines and publications that focus on this industry.
- International studies programs are recognized for excellence by U.S. News & World Report.
Application FormThe process begins with the submission of your online application form and payment of the application fee. The application fee can be paid by bank transfer. Applicants are required to submit a number of supplemental items to support their application. These are listed below.
Supplemental itemsAfter receiving your application form your recruiter will call/email you to discuss additional needed documentation. Dependent upon your program, you will need to submit the following documents:
- Copy of a recent CV or Resume
- Letter of motivation (one page) stating why you want to pursue the program, how it ties into your current career or future professional goals
- Two letters of recommendation
- Certified copies of your transcripts
- TOEFL 575/89 or IETLS 6.5 scores if applicable. If you will be taking a TOEFL test outside of Webster and would like to have your results automatically sent to us, please use the following code: 0548. If you score between 520 and 575 on the paper-based TOEFL (70-89 on the iBT) or between a 5.5 and 6.5 on the IELTS and your GPA is equivalent to 2.5 or higher on a 4 point scale, you are eligible to enroll in the one-semester English as a Second Language (ESL) program. You will need to meet the University’s required English proficiency level before enrolling in the Master program of your choice.
AcceptanceAfter viewing the completed application package, the Admissions Committee will make an admissions decision. Your recruiter will then contact you informally to let you know if you have been accepted at Webster University, and an official acceptance package will be emailed to you. Physical mail is available on request.
Enrollment and Tuition PaymentIf an acceptance is offered, you will need to pay a deposit of one course to secure your enrollment. Your enrollment is not complete until your first payment for tuition or living expenses is received by bank transfer. Credit card payments are only possible at the campus in Leiden. The latest possible payment date is 21 days prior to your start date, but we suggest you arrange payment much earlier than this so as to not delay the final step of enrollment.
RegistrationOnce your payment has been received and registration for classes opens, you will be contacted by your Academic Advisor to register for your classes. If you are in need of a student visa to enter the Netherlands, your visa process will also start at this time.
This school offers programs in:
Important Note: Students who need a Visa need to apply minimum 3 months before their intended start date! Also, we have rolling deadlines, so the earlier you apply the better!
Last updated January 26, 2017