If you are looking for:
- A Master’s degree in business with world-class credentials
- Global faculty with the latest knowledge in leadership and management
- The best set of PhD-qualified Lecturers in any business school in Ghana
- A strong link between classroom learning and the practice of global business
- To raise your management and leadership skills to the highest global standard
Then GIMPA is your perfect match.
The MRes is a research-based degree that prepares graduates for academic careers in various functional areas of business at tertiary institutions and in the research departments of organizations. The program emphasizes the development of skills in understanding theory, the research process, and methodology. Graduates of the program are expected to make contributions to the advancement of knowledge of business practices through research, teaching and consulting. It is also designed for those interested in acquiring a doctoral degree in the future. The curriculum is intended to provide graduates with a broad perspective of business plus an in-depth exposure to a specific business content area and research methods.
Required (Core) Course(s):
- MSCO 700 Quantitative Methods (6Cr)* (Pre-Program) *May be waived for students with quantitative based first or second degrees
- GMBA 601 Managing Organizations (3cr)
- GMBA 602 Business Economics (3cr)
- GMBA 603 Accounting for Decision Making (3cr)
- GMBA 606 Marketing Management (3cr)
- GMBA 607 Managing Operations (3cr)
- GMBA 609 Managerial Finance (3cr)
Research Tools (9 Credits)
- MSCO 800 Foundations of Social Science Research (3cr)*
- MSCO 801 Research Methods in Behavioral Sciences (3cr) OR
- MSCO 802 Research Methods in Accounting and Finance (3cr)
- MSCO 804 Econometrics (3cr) OR
- MSCO 806 Measurement Theory and Data Analysis (3cr)
*Required of all students
Area of Specialization/Elective Courses: (12 credits)
- MSAC 900 Financial Accounting Theory 1 (3cr)
- MSAC 901 Management Accounting Theory 2 (3cr)
- MSAC 902 Special Topics in Accounting (6cr)
- MSFI 910 Corporate Finance Theory & Research (3cr)
- MSFI 911 Investment Theory & Research (3cr)
- MSFI 912 Special Topics in Finance (6cr)
- MSMG 920 Theory in Organizational Behavior (3cr)
- MSMG 921 Organization Theory (3cr)
- MSMG 922 Special Topics in Management (6cr)
- MSMK 930 Consumer Behaviour Theory and Research (3cr)
- MSMK 931 Theory in Marketing Strategy (3cr)
- MSMK 932 Special Topics in Marketing (6cr)
Supply Chain Management
- MSOP 900 Theory of Operations Management (3cr)
- MSOP 901 Supply Chain Management Seminar (3cr)
- MSOP 902 Special Topics in Supply Chain Management (6cr)
- MSTH 990 Thesis Seminar (18cr)
The program is run in three formats: Evenings, Weekend and Modular. Campuses in Kumasi, Takoradi, and Accra may run different formats depending on student needs.
- The Evening program is run over a 2-year period of 4/5 semesters. Students have classes three (3) times a week. Classes are from 5.30 pm to 8.30 pm.
- The Modular program is an intense learning experience based on five 3-week sessions at five-month intervals.
- The weekend program is run over a two-year period of 4/5 semesters. Students have classes on Friday evenings and full day Saturday.
The prerequisites for admission are:
- Strong quantitative background and/or research orientation;
- 2nd Class Upper Division minimum for graduates in business, economics, and other social sciences;
- 2nd Class Lower Division minimum for graduates in mathematics, statistics, and engineering related sciences;
- For the program in Accounting a terminal professional qualification would be an added advantage;
- Demonstrated interest in teaching and research at the tertiary level;
- Sponsorship by a tertiary institution will be an added advantage.
How to apply:
Interested candidates may download the application form from our website, www.gimpa.edu.gh. The completed application form with original transcripts and certified copies of certificates should be submitted to one of our campuses. The completed application form must also be accompanied by proof of payment of the application processing fee of GHC 200.00 [US $150 for foreign students].
This school offers programs in:
Last updated October 23, 2017