The field of Ecology, Evolution and Development describes how the molecular and genetic regulation of development changes in response to evolutionary forces to generate organismal diversity. Understanding development, and its regulation in ecological and evolutionary contexts is critical for developing emerging molecular medical techniques, understanding biodiversity and tracing evolution.
Why choose this course?
- Development of interdisciplinary research skills and experience.
- Opportunity to carry out an in-depth research project to address open questions in this field.
- Hands-on research driven training in field work, advanced wet laboratory techniques and state-of-the-art bioinformatics.
- Intensive one week introductory workshop for students from all backgrounds.
- Enhanced ability of graduates to successfully compete for PhD positions in the UK and internationally.
- Training will provide skills that will increase the employability of graduates in the biotechnology, commercial and health sectors.
- Teaching by world class researchers in this field with recognised excellence and experience in teaching and learning.
Full-time: 12 months
Headington Campus, Gipsy Lane
This school offers programs in:
Training provided by this course will give you the research and transferable skills necessary for further research in field, lab and computational biology in both academic and industrial sectors. We anticipate that many of our graduates will go on to study for PhDs in the UK and abroad. In this respect, our programme will increase the opportunities for UK graduates to compete for PhD positions here and be eligible to apply for PhD programmes elsewhere in the EU. We also anticipate that, given their skills sets, our graduates will be highly competitive for employment in research support and sales, biotechnology, heath care, education, administration, and consultancy.
- Employment in others sectors including biotechnology, healthcare and commercial.
Cost & Fees
- Home / EU full-time on-campus fee: £7,500
- International full-time on-campus fee: £16,500
You should normally have (or be about to attain) at least a second class undergraduate honours degree in a relevant scientific subject from a recognised institute of higher education.
EU and international applicants' qualifications will be evaluated on a case by case basis before any offer of a place on the course is made.
If your first language is not English, then you must satisfy our English language requirement by providing us with evidence of an IELTS score of 6.5 in all elements.
Last updated June 6, 2017