The MRes Advanced Chemical Sciences programme provides students with the education and training needed to understand different aspects of the field of material sciences. It aligns with similar MSc programmes at the University of Liverpool.
The programme contains taught modules covering areas from synthetic chemistry to nanotechnology to analytical methods and instrumentation. It places a strong emphasis on the development of project management and professional skills. After completing the taught modules, you will engage in a 12-month extensive research project of your choice that leads to submission of a dissertation.
A customized learning plan is designed for you, taking into account your background and career aspirations. Successful completion of the programme leads to the award of an MRes degree from the University of Liverpool.
Unique selling points
- Taught by international staff who are experts in various fields of chemistry.
- Excellent preparation for the study of PhD programmes both at universities abroad or in China.
- Offers strong links to local and international industries.
- XJTLU is located close to the many biotechnology companies in nearby BioBay, a national biotechnology hub with over 400 companies, ideal for internships.
- Nearby Cold Spring Harbor Asia hosts prestigious scientific symposia, conferences and summer schools providing our students with the opportunity to interact with world-famous researchers.
- Earn a University of Liverpool degree that is recognised by the Chinese Ministry of Education.
Knowledge and skills
By the time you graduate, you will:
- Develop key, career-enhancing personal and employable skills such as time management, report writing, team-building and networking and project management.
- Gain a range of critical interdisciplinary research skills.
- Benefit from a strong theoretical background, practical instrumentation skills and an intensive research project.
- Synthetic chemistry and natural products
- Peptide/protein chemistry
- Nanotechnology and advanced materials
- Analytical methods and instruments
- Research project
- Project management
Additional learning activity modules
Successful graduates can establish careers in a wide range of industries, including:
- Chemical and material science.
- Food and beverages (quality assurance and new formulation).
- Analytical laboratories.
RMB 90,000 for the entire 18-month full-time programme.
University tuition fees cover the cost of your study with us.
An undergraduate degree (UK 2:1 or equivalent) in chemistry or a related discipline.
English language requirements
- IELTS: 6.0 (minimum of 5.0 in all sections)
- TOEFL iBT: 80
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 29, 2018