The Environment has been degrading at an alarming rate mainly due to the unsustainable development and the unsustainable use of natural resources. Although environmental conservation has developed significantly over the past few decades, environmental problems have been evolving both in terms of nature and scale. Methods of resolving many environmental problems remain controversial.
The MPhil programme aims to train postgraduate students to conduct independent research in Marine Environmental Science. Submission and successful defence of a thesis based on original research are required.
The Environment Science Programmes have three main research themes as follows:
- Air and Water: Includes their relation to climate change.
- Environmental Change: Studies investigate on regional and local scales, and explore their global effects and implications.
- Economic and Social Impact: The effect of and solutions to environmental problems.
i. General Admission Requirements
Applicants seeking admission to a master's degree should have:
- obtained a bachelor’s degree from a recognized institution, or an approved equivalent qualification;
ii. English Language Admission Requirements
You have to fulfil English Language requirements with one of the following proficiency attainments*:
- TOEFL-iBT 80
- TOEFL-PBT 550
- TOEFL-Revised Paper-Delivered Test 60 (total scores for Reading, Listening and Writing sections)
- IELTS (Academic Module)
- For 2019/20 Admissions: Overall score: 6.5 and All sub-scores: 5.5
- For 2018/19 Admissions: Overall score: 6.0 and All sub-scores: 5.5
*If your first language is English, and your bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification was awarded by an institution where the medium of instruction was English, you will be waived from fulfilling the above English Language requirements.
Please refer to http://pg.ust.hk/programs (“Application”) for details.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated September 24, 2018