MPhil in Chinese
Duration: 2 years (Full-time)
Place: Hong Kong
Lingnan is now offering MPhil programmes in Chinese for applicants who want to pursue research in the following areas:
- Chinese language, linguistics and stylistics
- Classical Chinese literature
- Comparative literature
- Literary theory
- Literature and cinema
- Modern and contemporary literature in Chinese
(from the Mainland, Hong Kong and Taiwan)
- Teaching of creative writing and media writing
Application for Admission
Applicants who are interested in seeking admission to the MPhil programme should apply to the University directly. Successful applicants will normally be provided with a Postgraduate Studentship with a monthly stipend of HK$16,160* (US$1 = HK$7.8).
*rate subject to review
The University invites applications from 1 November 2017 to 26 January 2018. Late applications will be considered on an individual basis, subject to the availability of places.
General Admission Requirements
- An applicant for admission to candidature for the degree of MPhil should normally:
- a. hold a relevant bachelor's degree with first or second class honours or at an equivalent standard awarded by a tertiary education institution recognised for this purpose by the University; or
- b. have obtained an equivalent qualification; or
- c. have provided satisfactory evidence of academic and professional attainment.
- In addition to the above, an applicant whose degree is not from a tertiary institution in Hong Kong or an English-speaking country should obtain a minimum score of 550 (paper-based test) or 213 (computer-based test) or 79 (internet-based test) in the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), or a band score of 6.5 or above in the International English Language Testing System (IELTS), or an equivalent score in a recognised test, or an equivalent qualification to prove his/her language proficiency which will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Applicants are required to fulfill additional requirements, if any, set by the programmes to which they apply for admission.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated October 23, 2017