FC College started the MPhil Chemistry program in 2009 to produce highly educated and skilled chemists. This is a critical requirement for Pakistan which needs to upgrade the state of its industries and other sectors to be able to compete in the world and meet new challenges.
The Department of Chemistry is located in the new Armacost Science Building. It consists of large modern lecture rooms/halls, two seminar rooms with audio-video arrangements and four large modern laboratories. There is also an instrument laboratory and six postgraduate laboratories for research only.
The Department is equipped with the latest models of the following instruments:
- atomic absorption spectrophotometer
- thermogravimetric analyzer
- CHNS/O analyzer
- gas chromatograph-mass spectrometer
- FT-IR spectrophotometer
- UV/VIS spectrophotometer
- gamray electrochemical equipment.
The Department of Chemistry is determined to demonstrate the distinguished features of FCC: excellence in education, commitment to core values, leadership in curriculum development, service to nation, and above all its pioneering effort to help develop leaders of integrity and discipline.
- The applicant must have 4-year baccalaureate degree from a recognized local or foreign university, with a major in Chemistry or a related field and a minimum of 2.5 CGPA.
- A conventional MSc in Chemistry or a related field with a minimum 60% marks or 2.5 GPA.
- Provisional admission can be sought by students awaiting final results. Such candidates must also meet all the eligibility requirements.
- The applicant must have passed the graduate assessment test (GAT).
- The applicants must pass the FC College Aptitude Test in Chemistry (FATC).
- Applicants with a strong background in mathematics or research experience will be preferred.
A limited number of need-based fellowships are available.
- Application deadline: Tuesday, 13 January 2015
- Classes begin: Monday, 2 February 2015
Please find the latest program information here: http://www.fccollege.edu.pk/academics/departments/academic-departments/dept-of-chemistry/mphil-chemistry
Cost & Fees
|Tuition Fee||Admission||Security||Activity Fee||Total|
|Tuition Fee||Activity Fee||Tax 5%||Total||Total Fee Year Including tax|
This school offers programs in:
Last updated September 28, 2017