Students can apply for either the morning program or the evening program. The contents of both programs are identical. The department will admit students in the MPhil Applied Economics morning program each year in Fall semester (July & August admission time) and in MPhil Applied Economics evening program each year in Spring semester (November & December admission time).
In line with market needs, Department of Economics is offering MPhil Applied Economics. This program is designed to develop economic reasoning and analytical skills among students through the provision of advanced knowledge in the field of economics. As a graduate of MPhil Applied Economics, you will have:
- advanced understanding about microeconomics, macroeconomics and applied econometrics
- refined quantitative and applied research skills to analyze real-world economic problems
- the abilities to pursue a doctoral program.
- job opportunities in academic institutions, development agencies, financial and banking sector, Government departments, industries, NGOs, research organizations, etc.
MPhil Applied Economics is a two-year program following the completion of 16 years of education i.e. BS (Hons) or conventional MA/MSc Economics. This program consists of two semesters (27 credit hours) of coursework and a research thesis (12 credit hours). After the completion of coursework in two semesters, students will focus their efforts on the MPhil thesis under the supervision of a supervisor. With an MPhil in Applied Economics, you will have exposure to those courses and skills which are especially helpful to pursue a doctoral program or teaching/research professions.
Admissions Timeline for MPhil Applied Economics (Evening Program)
- Application deadline: Thursday, 15 January 2015
- Class begin: Monday, 2 February 2015
- submit an application and two reference letters (at least one must be from a previous teacher)
- have at least 16 years of education (BSc Hons) with 48 credit hours in Economics and a minimum CGPA of 2.5
- a conventional MA/MSc in Economics with at least 60% marks
- pass the FCC Aptitude Test in Economics (FATE)
Please find the latest program information here: http://www.fccollege.edu.pk/academics/departments/academic-departments/department-of-economics/mphil-applied-economics
Cost & Fees
|Tuition Fee||Admission||Security||Activity Fee||Total|
|Tuition Fee||Activity Fee||Tax 5%||Total||Total Fee Year Including tax|
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 26, 2018