This professionally focused, 12-month practice-based master’s degree in music production aims to help students develop a specialist understanding of advanced music production tools, techniques and processes through the creation of a significant body of original work demonstrating a distinctive artistic personality. During the first term, students will develop, workshop and record a body of songs and compositions which will then be taken through an advanced mixing and mastering processes in the second term. Students will also devise and test strategies to launch, market and continuously develop their professional personas and undertake a major body of creative and professional work over the summer, which could culminate in the creation of an album, a score for a feature-length film or the completion of an industry placement.
Overall, the programme aims to:
- Refine your specialist creative practice;
- Enable producers to develop a significant body of original creative work;
- Develop a distinctive artistic personality or voice;
- Prepare you to lead and continuously develop in professional performance-based industry settings.
- Entry will also be subject to portfolio review and audition.
- In addition, a minimum second-class honours degree in a relevant subject from a UK awarding body or college recognised equivalent international qualification.
- Significant equivalent professional experience will also be considered.
- Plus, English language competency equivalent to CEFR Level C1 (7.0 overall, 6.5 in each category) if from a non-majority English language speaking country;
The personal statement is an important part of your application and is your chance to tell us about your aims in the music industry and why this course would benefit your music performing career. Your ability to communicate effectively is important, so the quality of your writing is a factor in how we make our decision. In particular, we will be looking for you to show your interest in music and creativeness, demonstrated by one or more of the following:
- Being literate in a DAW and proficient studio environment
- Current music activities as a graduate
- Recordings as a producer of a soloist or band project
- Writing or producing music
About the School
LCCM is a specialist higher education college for creative people. We are the only independent college in the UK offering degrees in music, words, along with a postgraduate degree in creative entrepr ... Read More