The first of its kind in South Africa, the Master of Management in the field of Business Executive Coaching is a unique opportunity for post-graduate students to further their own self-awareness, and apply this knowledge towards the learning and development of others. Ideal for those looking to continue their learning, expand their current skill set, or even shift the trajectory of their career towards a more fulfilling line of work, the MMBEC is a degree designed to initiate both personal and professional change, with international applications through its strategic alignment with the Graduate School Alliance of Business and Executive Coaching (GSEAC) framework. The MMBEC offers an integration of theoretical knowledge underpinning coaching, the practical application of coaching skills which are evaluated and supported through supervision and the final component of a Research Report or dissertation which is part of a credible Master’s degree ie. your contribution to the academic literature through your own research. Students will have the benefit of a dedicated Research Supervisor and a Coach Supervisor during the process.
The Master of Management in the field of Business Executive Coaching is a full-time, one-year block-release programme. The course comprises a set of nine core courses and a Research Report that must be completed and handed in over a maximum period of 14 months.
Full-time block release means that the student attends lectures on WBS campus for periods of +-9 days at a time spaced through the academic year ie blocks of lectures. The programme is designed to accommodate students who have a professional career but who would like to get their education behind them in the shortest time possible. By implication, a Master’s degree is a big commitment that involves a lot of hard work and emotional resilience. If education and adding to the growing body of knowledge is something you value highly this degree will appeal to you. On the other hand, you will have ‘suspend’ some of your free time and have the backing of your organization, family, and friends to remain focused on success.
- Research Methodology
- Psychological acumen underpinning coaching
- Coaching skills
- The coaching process
- Business acumen underpinning coaching
- Learning theories
- Leadership in organisations
- Organisational development
- Professional practice and ethics
- Honours degree or post-graduate diploma (in exceptional circumstances, applicants with a bachelor’s degree and ten years’ relevant experience will be considered)
- At least five years’ relevant working experience
- Letter of motivation
- Copies of all academic transcripts and degree certificate/s
- SAQA evaluation certificate (for students whose prior degrees were not awarded by a South African university)
- Proof of English language proficiency (for students who have not studied at tertiary level in English)
- Non-refundable application fee of R200
- Management Part 3 Word Format (to be downloaded, completed and submitted)
- Complete the online application form on the following link http://www.wits.ac.za/applications/portal/index
Note: If a link above doesn't work, please copy and paste the URL into a browser.
Coaching requires the resilience and curiosity to develop your own self-awareness and the learning and development of others. These criteria will be assessed through a written motivation and a one-page proposal of the research topic you plan to explore for your dissertation/research report. The university reserves the right to call applicants to a panel interview process.
- Relevant Working Experience
At least five years working experience in an appropriate field, namely Human Capital, Human Resources, Management, Business Consulting, Coaching, Leadership Development and a foundation course in coaching and some practical coaching experience.
- Foreign Qualifications
Applicants who have foreign qualifications need to send their qualification to the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA) for evaluation prior to making WBS application. Go to saqa.org.za or email email@example.com. Alternatively, you can call: 012 431 5000 or the helpdesk on 0860 103 188
- International applicants
For other requirements pertaining to international applicants, kindly contact Simphiwe Gobo at firstname.lastname@example.org and kindly contact Odette Pillay at the fees office for additional fees payable at email@example.com
0861 000 927
Disclaimer: Cancellation of programmes by WBS
- WBS is entitled to cancel or change the date of delivery of a programme without notice and for any reason without incurring any liability to individuals who have applied or are enrolled on the programme or any funders of such individuals (“participants” or “funders of participants”).
- Without derogating from the aforesaid, and insofar as it possible, WBS will provide the participants or funders of the participants with 30 (thirty days) days written notice of any cancellation or changes in the dates of delivery of the programme.
- Insofar as the programme is canceled or rescheduled prior to delivery of the programme then in that event the participants and funders of the participants will not be charged the full programme fees.
About the School
Wits Business School is the graduate school of business administration of the University of the Witwatersrand, one of the top tertiary institutes in Africa. The School offers a variety of postgraduate ... Read More