MIT-SUTD Dual Masters' Program
The 2-year MIT-SUTD Dual Masters’ Program, a joint collaboration between the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) and the Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD), aims to support and promote outstanding researchers to maximize their potential.
The Program will provide students with two sets of rich experiences. In the first year, they will do coursework at MIT, a world-class university.
The second year will see them embarking on research at SUTD, in an environment that blends scholarship with practice. A truly ‘dual’ experience, candidates will have the opportunity to immediately apply their newly acquired knowledge to solve real-world problems. Upon completion, they will graduate with two Masters’ degrees - one from MIT and another from SUTD.
Learn to innovate at MIT, innovate with what you learned at SUTD:
1. At MIT
Students will spend 9 to 13 months learning from MIT faculty who possess a wealth of teaching experience and research expertise.
- Civil and Environmental Engineering’s Master of Engineering Program specializing in one of the four tracks:
- Environmental and Water Quality Engineering
- High-Performance Structures
- Master of Engineering in Manufacturing Program
- System Design and Management Program, leading to a Master of Science in Engineering and Management
- Supply Chain Management Program, leading to a Master of Engineering in Logistics
2. At SUTD
Students will work on research with experts in their fields. After completing a second thesis by research, they will obtain one of these three Masters’ degrees, depending on their focus areas.
- Master of Engineering (Research) focusing on one of the three pillars:
- Engineering Product Development
- Engineering Systems and Design
- Information Systems Technology and Design
This program is for talented and enthusiastic individuals with a passion for technology and design, and a keen desire to push boundaries in the field.
Applicants must possess:
- A bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Science, or equivalent;
- An appropriate GMAT or GRE score; and
- A proficiency in English. IELTS is required if English is not your native tongue or if the medium of instruction in tertiary studies (undergraduate degree) was not exclusively in English.
Please also check the websites of the individual MIT Masters’ programs for specific admissions requirements.
How to Apply
Candidates must submit applications to MIT and SUTD at:
A holistic selection process will be adopted. Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed in person or over Skype or telephone.
Successful candidates to the program may be provided with full scholarship, which covers:
- Full tuition fees at MIT and SUTD
- Monthly stipend at MIT and SUTD
- Medical insurance in USA and Singapore
- Return economy-class airfare (SG - USA (MIT) - SG)
About the Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD)
SUTD is one of the first universities in the world to incorporate the art and science of design and technology into a multi-disciplinary curriculum. Established in collaboration with MIT, SUTD seeks to nurture technically-grounded leaders and innovators in engineering product development, engineering systems and design, information systems technology and design, and architecture and sustainable design, to serve societal needs.
As a research-intensive university, SUTD will bring together the best minds and ideas to seek solutions to modern-day challenges and create a better future.
About the School
The Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD) is one of the first universities in the world to incorporate the art and science of design and technology into a multi-disciplinary curriculum. ... Read More