A two-year (four semester) full-time Master’s Programme taught in English.
The original idea of the MIFA programme was to offer a high-quality programme for all students who see their future in Finance and Accounting.
This became a vision that created an exceptional opportunity for those students that take their future into their own hands.
Our mission is to open access to all, who seek a career in an international environment and who wish to become banking and financial services managers, financial analysts, chief accountants, auditors and consultants.
The structure of MIFA programme:
1st semester (30 credits):
- Intermediate Accounting: Generally Accepted Principles (6 credits)
- Performance Management (6 credits)
- International Finance (6 credits)
- Economics II (6 credits)
- Corporate Finance (6 credits)
2nd semester (30 credits):
- Financial Derivatives (6 credits)
- Understanding Economic and Social Indicators (3 credits)
- Taxation in the CR and EU (6 credits)
- Business Valuation (6 credits)
- Business Ethics (6 credits)
- One elective course (3 credits)
3rd semester (30 credits):
- Elective courses (24 credits) with Project (6 credits) or
- Exchange programme or Internship (30 credits)
4th semester (30 credits):
- Audit and Assurance (6 credits)
- Economic Integration (6 credits)
- Master Thesis and Final state exams (18 credits)
- Financial Contracting, Financial Reporting under IFRS and US GAAP - Comparison and Case Studies, Fiscal Policy, Taxation of International Employment, Bonds Theory and Praxis, Contemporary Rhetoric, Public Economics, Corporate Governance, Public Economics, Corporate Governance, International Business Strategy, International Trade, Project Management, International Mergers and Acquisitions.
Final state exam consists of:
- Master Thesis Defense
Standard timetable for one academic year:
- Each semester consists of 13 weeks and the following examination period (6 weeks).
- Winter semester begins by late September, the examination period is in January/February.
- Spring semester begins by mid-February, the examination period is in May/June.
MIFA students come from all over the world. We are proud that our two year Master programme is international and that we can offer a multicultural group of students. Our current students are Czech, German, Italian, Turkish, Russian, Vietnamese, Chinese, Norwegian, Ukrainian, Serbian, Indian, ...
Minimum requirements for MIFA Master programme
- An academic degree (i.e. a BSc (undergraduate) degree or the equivalent at least 180 ECTS credits or 3 years of full-time studies). Faculty of Finance and Accounting accepts applicants in their last year of Bachelor's studies, but the applicant should be done with the BSc degree before the start of the MSc programme.
- Proficiency in English. No special tests or internationally recognized language certificates are required. Applicants must prove their English knowledge at the entrance exam.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated November 6, 2018