The aerospace sector is a fast-growing market. Multinational corporations are conducting research on cutting-edge technology to successfully develop new products and services. Some examples include satellite services in the communication, navigation and remote sensing fields, aerospace transportation, space tourism or the future mining of extraterrestrial materials. Through the university program "SpaceTech", participants are trained by experts in the fields of Space Systems and Business Engineering and prepared to take on key roles and management responsibilities in the international environment of the space industry.
- Duration: 3 semesters (18 months)
- Final degree: Master of Engineering (MEng) in Space Systems and Business Engineering
- ECTS credits: 90
- Language of instruction: English
- Participation fee (VAT-free) for applications received before:
- 30 Sep 2017: € 31,500 (Earliest Bird)
- 30 Nov 2017: € 32,500 (Early Bird)
- 15 Jan 2018: € 34,000 (Regular)
- Self-payers: please contact us to evaluate the availability of stipends/scholarships
- The participation fee does not cover costs for travel, accommodation, and meals.
- Number of participants: limited to 20
- Course location: European Space Centers:
- TU Graz, Austria (Apr 2018)
- CNES Toulouse, France (Jul 2018)
- ESA ECSAT Harwell, Great Britain (Oct 2018)
- DLR GSOC Munich, Germany (Jan 2019)
- ESA ESRIN Frascati, Italy (Apr 2019)
- ESA ESTEC Noordwijk, the Netherlands (Jun 2019)
- TU Graz, Austria (Sep 2019)
You gain comprehensive knowledge on the current state of international research in the following fields:
- Applied Project Management for Space Systems
- Business Engineering
- Space Mission Analysis and Design
- Earth Observation
- Systems Engineering
- Human Space Flight
In addition, you acquire leadership and social skills, perform case studies (Central Case Project – CCP) and complete a Master’s thesis. The course content is taught by internationally recognized experts from the respective fields.
This postgraduate university program is appropriate for
- Experts with several years of experience working in the aerospace sector and
- International mid-career professionals seeking top-level expertise in space systems and business engineering.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree (BSc or MSc)in a technical or scientific field
- At least 5 years of professional experience working in the aerospace sector
- Good command of the English language
- Preparatory online course
- Followed by 6 sessions with mandatory attendance, each lasting two weeks and located at the 6 European Space Centers
- Central Case Project (CCP) conducted in a team
- Completion of the Master’s thesis
- Final session with mandatory attendance, which includes the exam and award of the degree (MEng SpaceTech)
By combining online lessons with lessons taught on-site, the course has been optimally designed to the needs of working students. "Specialists from the aerospace industry can both expand their technological knowledge, but also prepare to take on leadership positions and become familiar with modern business practices in an international environment by taking this training course". Otto Koudelka, program director
Career Options and Qualifications
Graduates have a comprehensive knowledge of aerospace applications and mechanical engineering, have acquired expertise that can be applied in their professional life and have gained experience working in responsible and multicultural teamwork collected. The potential occupations include diverse management positions in the aerospace industry– in either corporations or various aerospace agencies.
Next program will begin March 2018 Application deadline: 15 January 2018 - Early Bird Discounts are available for earlier applications, see above!
- Completed and signed application form
- Curriculum vitae including a portrait photo
- Copies of relevant certificates
Send an inquiry if you are interested in filling out the form on the right. You can also send application forms by e-mail or mail to directly:
- TU Graz Life Long Learning
- c/o Dipl.-Ing. Peter SCHROTTER
- Rechbauerstraße 12
- 8010 Graz, Austria
- Please mention that you have read about the program on Masterstudies.com.
The program director will decide which applications will be accepted after examining the application documents and interviewing the applicants.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated March 19, 2018