5TH MESGO EDITION – STARTING SEPTEMBER 2018
APPLICATION DEADLINE: MARCH 31
This executive master is aimed at fulfilling 3 main objectives:
- Emphasise the international dimension of sport;
- Anticipate the forthcoming key challenges and
- positively impact the development of sport governance
MESGO - Presentation of the Executive Master in Sports Governance from MESGO on Vimeo.
MESGO V - Programme Overview from MESGO on Vimeo.
Context & Objectives
The professional sports industry has undergone a major revolution in recent years. The commercial development of the most popular competitions has prompted an increasing number of stakeholder organizations to take an interest in the international sport, calling into question its traditional mode of governance.
Today, with a growing political, economic, societal and ecological impact in the world, global sport industry leaders have to take concerted and sustainable decisions and collaborate with their main stakeholders to find solutions to the rising challenges and develop a sustainable governance model.
Global collaboration, anticipation, and ethics will be key to a sustainable sports governance and to keep the sports passion alive.
UNIQUENESS OF THE PROGRAMME
- Emphasis on the international dimension of sport;
- Multidisciplinary approach, in-depth analysis of legal, political and economic issues (e.g. competition law, litigation prevention, risk management, regulation and media policy);
- Focus on the current and future key challenges faced by sports organizations (specificity of sport, competitive balance, exploitation of commercial rights, social dialogue, match-fixing, doping, social responsibility, governance structure, etc.);
- Visits to major sports cities with lectures at the heart of sports organizations by their leaders and top managers.
Anticipate the forthcoming key challenges
“Play to win”
Identify new global trends, analyze rising constraints and apply innovative methods to best overcome them.
Exploit the dynamics
“Do it with passion or not at all”
Accompany the sport’s evolution, exploit the boiling energy and passion within the sport’s industry and adopt a solution-driven attitude.
Positively impact the development of European Sport Governance
”Leave your mark”
Realign core values and integrate ethics at all levels of business, improve management operations and leave a lasting mark on your industry.
The MESGO – the Executive Master in European Sports Governance, is a programme adapted to a professional schedule. It consists of 9 sessions of one week each + viva and graduation ceremony, spread over a period of 19 months.
STRUCTURE OF MESGO SESSIONS
Each of the nine MESGO sessions starts at 14.00 on a Monday and ends at 14.00 on a Friday. They are held at partner universities and at the headquarters of sports organizations and each comprises a mix of:
- Academic contributions;
- First-hand accounts from experienced practitioners working in the sports sector;
- Lectures providing perspectives from other industries;
- Discussions and debates;
- Case studies, practical exercises and role-plays;
- Networking and social activities.
This programme is designed for experienced managers and executives working in:
- International, European and national federations;
- Clubs, leagues and trade unions;
- European institutions and governments;
- Partner organizations of sports bodies (media, sponsors, etc.).
The MESGO is a unique combination of sport and academia. In that sense, the MESGO is proud to have 5 well-known academic institutions and universities delivering the content with the paramount support of 5 leading sports institutions.
The MESGO main goal is to contribute to and share best practices and cutting-edge thinking on sports governance; that can only be done through this interconnection between the academic world and the sports industry.
Admissions & Fees
To be eligible for this Executive Master programme, applicants must meet the following admission requirements:
- Minimum of five years’ experience in a relevant field and at managerial level;
- Graduated with Bachelor’s degree;
- Fluent in English.
(including academic learning material, lunches and transfers within the cities visited). Please note that the tuition fees do not include travel and accommodation expenses.
Step 1: Admission criteria
If you are considering applying to the MESGO, please note that you must meet the minimum criteria set here.
If you have any doubt regarding your eligibility to the programme, we strongly recommend you to contact us prior to completing the application form.
Step 2: Application form
The application process for the 5th MESGO edition is open until March 31st, 2018.
As we operate a rolling admissions process, we advise you to submit your application as early as possible.
Step 3: Please note that your application will only be considered as complete when we have received the following documents:
- a copy of your academic qualifications (diplomas, degrees, etc.) – please provide a sworn translation of your diplomas/degrees if they are not written in French, English, Spanish or German;
- your résumé;
- 2 letters of recommendation (from 2 different organizations);
- the invoicing form that you will receive when validating your application form. This invoicing document will have to be completed, signed and stamped;
- a covering letter, which answers the following three statements:
- Choose an achievement from your professional life and describe why you see it as such.
- Provide three reasons why you should be admitted to the Executive Master in European Sports Governance.
- Describe yourself, stressing the personal characteristics you feel to be your strengths and weaknesses.
All the three statements above must be answered. Please write your name and surname at the bottom of each page. Answers should be limited to between 50 and 500 words for each statement.
Step 4: Phone interview
The MESGO Scientific Committee will short-list, based on the applications, the candidates that will go through an admission phone interview.
Step 5: Final decision
Each candidate will receive a final decision within the few weeks after the interview.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated February 28, 2018