ME Civil, Structural & Environmental Engineering
Graduate Taught (level 9 nfq, credits 120)
This programme prepares graduates to work as professional engineers in the broad field of infrastructural design, construction and management. Graduates will satisfy the academic requirements for the title of Chartered Engineer. You can choose a specialisation either in civil, structural or environmental engineering and as such the range of module options are extensive. The programme is delivered by a culturally diverse group of internationally renowned academic staff.
Who should apply?
Full-Time option suitable for:
Domestic(EEA) applicants: Yes
International (Non-EEA) applicants currently residing outside of the EEA Region. Yes
This programme is suitable for bachelors degree holders in a related Engineering discipline with a minimum upper second class honour (NFQ level 8) or international equivalence.
Graduates from the programme will find employment as engineers in the private sector (e.g. engineering consultancy, engineering design, project management, civil engineering contractors), in the public sector (e.g. local government, higher education sector), and in the nongovernmental sector (e.g., environmental advocacies, NGO’s), or may wish to pursue further qualifications (e.g., PhD, MBA) to become even more specialised.
Fees, Funding and Scholarships
ME Civil, Structural & Environmental Engineering (T298) Full Time
- EU fee per year - € 7640
- nonEU fee per year - € 24200
***Fees are subject to change Tuition fee information is available on the UCD Fees website. Please note that UCD offers a number of graduate scholarships for full-time, self-funding international students, holding an offer of a place on a UCD graduate degree programme. For further information please see International Scholarships.
- Professional Work Experience (PWE) module is incorporated into the two-year Masters of Engineering Programme and is designed to integrate a student’s academic and career interests with paid practical work experience for a 6-8 month period.
- The module provides students with the perfect opportunity to gain increased experience and understanding in their chosen field. The practical skills acquired during this placement will give graduates a competitive advantage when applying for positions upon graduation.
- A bachelors degree in a related Engineering discipline with a minimum upper second class honour (NFQ level 8) or international equivalence.
- Applicants whose first language is not English must also demonstrate English language proficiency of IELTS 6.5 (no band less than 6.0 in each element) or equivalent.
Mark Gilsenan, AECOM I completed this ME programme in September 2012 in order to meet the new minimum education requirement for becoming a chartered engineer. The modules offered as part of the ME programme were both interesting and challenging. One aspect of the ME programme I particularly enjoyed was the research project undertaken in Year Two of the programme. It afforded me the opportunity to conduct extensive research into an area of civil engineering using my own initiative and guided by an academic. I am currently working in Essex, UK in the bridges division of AECOM, a worldwide engineering consultancy, which was advertised through the programme’s social media channels. Having an ME in Civil Engineering was essential in securing this position. I would highly recommend the programme.
*Courses will remain open until such time as all places have been filled, therefore early application is advised
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 25, 2018