A postgraduate program in two years specialized in Food Design & Brand, leading to a master’s degree in design
A program specially tailored for students from all over the world who want to integrate our MDes
Within the MDes Food Design & Brand, the focus is made on the evolution of eating habits and brand identity through the creation of all signs and uses of consumer goods. Specific knowledge in food anthropology, marketing, technology, methodology, etc are learned and tested through projects with industrial partners.
- Food and new technologies
- Healthy food
- Food culture, local products, tourism
The MDes programs, established over two years, are organized in four semesters validated by 30 ECTS each. A consequent and increasing personal working time is expected for each module.
This first semester is dedicated to adapting to the French cultural environment and to teaching methods specific to the school in a multidisciplinary approach.
Students spend this semester abroad, either in academic exchange or internship as a junior designer (13 weeks minimum).
The objective of this semester for students studying at a partner school is to discover other teaching methods, other tools and approaches of the design project.
For students in internship, the goal is to highlight and expand professional knowledge in the context of another culture.
Continuation and finalization of the end-of-studies project summarizing all the professional skills acquired. It can be conducted in collaboration with a company and / or research laboratory of a partner university. This personal end-of-studies project must be related to the program in which students are enrolled.
Supervision is ensured in the form of workshops under the direction of a referent designer, to which punctual speakers are associated. Writing a thesis in the theme of the project.
The study program ends with a minimum of sixteen weeks (and a maximum of six months) internship within a company, in France or abroad.
Trainees work as junior designers and support all or part of a project.
The student must demonstrate his ability to integrate into a team, manage a project and develop all the sequences of the project for its smooth running. It allows the student to articulate all of his studies with what will be his first professional experience.
Depending on the professional project of the student, this internship can also take place within a company that the student will create, or even within a research laboratory.
The New Eating Habits Design Lab
The Design Lab’s research focuses on two main areas:
- identity, imagination, and representations;
- in the dialectical relations between creativity and congruence, between known and unknown,
- as a system of projection and appropriation by the user, following the adage of Jean Anthelme Brillat Savarin "Tell me what you eat, I’ll tell you who you are".
- anthropology of the future;
- by considering and modeling the prospective trends of the food system (future foods, consumption patterns, distribution, production, etc.),
- through co-design experiments.
To innovate in the various fields of application of the food system, the DesignLab is based on the specificity of the look, the approach, and tools of the designer:
- a focus on the uses and the users,
- creative and forward-looking vision rooted in social, cultural, environmental, technological and economic issues.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated December 4, 2018