The Master of Science in IMEF, totally taught in English, is the evolution of the English curricula of the Master Degree MAFIB. IMEF is a two-year learning experience that approaches the dynamics of international management, entrepreneurship, and finance. This Master Degree trains students to develop hard and soft skills necessary to become successful managers, entrepreneurs, analysts and consultants.
IMEF offers an international environment, providing the opportunity for students to work with international colleagues, professors and managers: more than 20 professors of MAFIB come from primary international universities all over the world: United States, Canada, Australia, United Kingdom, Ireland, Germany, Austria, France and, of course, Italy. IMEF has strong relationships with Italian and Foreigns firms: each year, students participate in more than 55 internships all over the world (in the EU, in the USA, in Africa and Oceania).
Thus, in line with the job market requirements, students will learn how to effectively work in multicultural economic, social and financial contexts.
The students can choose between two different curricula:
Management, Entrepreneurship, Marketing and Social Change (MEMS) focuses on entrepreneurship, business innovation strategy, management decision, global leadership, change management, digital marketing management and new social models of consumption. Students will develop the ability to solve complex problems in multicultural contexts in order to become future more conscious entrepreneurs, managers and consultants.
Coordinator: Prof. Mara Bergamaschi and Prof. Daniela Andreini
Management and Finance for International Marlets (MAFIM) focuses on international trade management, international business management, corporate finance, risk management and quantitative data analysis for finance. Students will develop skills and abilities to recognize new opportunities in international markets, to analyse them and take the proper decision, to quickly adjust commercial and financial strategies, to adapt to changes in international business practices.
Coordinator: Prof. Giovanna Zanotti and Prof. Gianpaolo Baronchelli
TO WHOM IMEF IS ADDRESSED
IMEF is addressed to students who seek a multidisciplinary and international managerial preparation (finance, international trade, international business, management, Leadership & HRM, marketing and entrepreneurship) and an environment where to develop multidisciplinary competences, operative and behavioural skills through training and hands-on learning.
The teaching methods applied in IMEF aim to develop innovative quantitative and qualitative analysis skills, together with the ability to work in multicultural contexts, the strategies to operate in global markets, the strategic and operative tools to operate in the financial institutions. For this reason, in all courses instructors will adopt innovative and dynamic training activities, such as laboratories, simulations, speeches and case studies. Moreover, in specific courses and programs, companies will actively participate with students, working together to co-develop new knowledge and skills.
IMEF takes students around the world, thanks to numerous international programs, such as:
- Boarding Pass: an international six-month program in collaboration with Freie Universität Berlin, Iéseg University of Lille (F), Technische Universität Chemnitz(D), University of Washington Bothell (Seattle - USA).
- Joint Master in Global Business: one-year program in collaboration with Higher School of Economics di Nizhny Novgorod (Russia) and Johannes Kepler Universität di Linz (Austria).
- For the academic year 2016-2017 new agreements will be sign, i.e. the Geneva School of Economics and Management.
- Erasmus traineeships: students can receive a grant for internships in a EU country.
- CRCC Asia: students can receive a grant for internships in China.
- Euromondo: students can receive a grant for internships all over the world
Graduates are expected to successfully compete for jobs in firms, financial institutions, in consulting companies, in national and international corporates, or even start an entrepreneurial activity. 85% of graduates in MAFIB in English (from 2016 IMEF) finds a job within 12 months since the Master graduation, Examples of specific fields where graduates from IMEF can give valuable contributions are: manager and/or junior manager in marketing and digital marketing import and export junior manager
- Entreprenerial venture (in start-ups or family businesses)
- human resource manager
- key account manager
- sales manager
- project manager
- risk manager
- finance analyst
- finance consultant
- junior finance manger
- junior manager in banks and financial intermediaries
Applicants are an English level B2, according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR). Applicants should also submit to an individual interview (also through Skype) in order to test if they satisfy the admission requirements. For information on how to apply, pre-enrolment form, admission test and enrolment, please follow the links below:
- Incoming Erasmus students - This course follows the general rules of the Official Exchange Programme. For more information, please visit Studiare in Italia – Application IMEF and contact the International office – or the Program Director.
- Incoming Extra EU exchange students – This course follows the general rules of the Official Exchange Program. For more information, please visit Studiare in Italia – Application IMEF and contact the International office - or the Program Director.
- Degree-seeking students from a EU Country - Students coming from an EU Country follow the same admission rules of Italian students.
STUDENTS WITH AN ITALIAN BACHELOR DEGREE
For students holding an Italian bachelor degree in classes 18 or 33 (Economics and Business) it is required a minimum mark of 80/110 in the bachelor degree.
For students holding an Italian bachelor degree in classes other than 18 or 33 it is required a minimum mark of 90/110 in the bachelor degree and a minimum of overall 60 cfu in one or more of the following areas: at least 18 cfu in Economics, Business and Management + Statistics, Mathematics, Law.
All applicants are required an English level B2, according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR).
This school offers programs in: