At a Glance
- U.S. Master of Science degree
- September or January start
- 12 months full-time or 12/18 months part-time (evenings)
- 30 credits (27 for courses + 3 for field project)
- NASDAQ, Empiricus and Future of Big Data scholarships
- Tuition: EUR 10,000 due to gift by CEU founder George Soros
Jumpstart or accelerate your career with a cutting-edge international finance masters guided by industry
- U.S. Master of Science degree from a world-class university and the leading business school in Central Europe
- Full-time for graduates and career changers, part-time for professionals with existing careers
- Strong practical focus with capstone field project, Finance@CEU, case studies, simulations and site visits
- Guided by the MSc in Finance Advisory Committee, a working group of senior executives from global institutions
- Career services with corporate showcases and integrated job platform
- Global student body, one of the most diverse and far-reaching alumni networks in the world
- Scholarships from NASDAQ, Hong Kong and London investment firms
"The MSc in Finance is guided by a strong industry coalition and is constantly evolving. I have built on a decade of experience at Cambridge and Oxford to design a program that global employers actually need both as a source of talent and a means of talent support.
CEU is a world-class innovator of education in Budapest, one of Europe's fastest rising financial services and technology hubs. You will learn from top research academics, interact with experts working at the cutting edge of finance, and build your professional network at a plethora of events."
Peter Szilagyi, MSc in Finance Faculty Director
The MSc in Finance is small and densely international, with the Class of 2017 comprising 36 students from 18 countries.
The program runs full-time and part-time (evenings), allowing students to move into jobs or internships at any time. It is also available as a dual degree with our A1MBA and Katalyst Executive MBA programs.
The curriculum has a strong practical focus with a capstone field project, the Finance@CEU expert speaker series, case studies, simulations and site visits. It also has a vast range of elective courses to suit your professional needs.
The MSc in Finance Advisory Committee is a working group of senior executives guiding the program. Members help set professional standards, advise on and contribute the curriculum, and assist with careers and internships.
The program is taught by world-renowned professors and industry professionals. Faculty have taught and earned degrees at Wharton, Chicago, NYU, Yale, Princeton, Toronto, Cambridge and INSEAD, among others. Meet our faculty in our video room.
Our Career Services Office works closely with the MSc in Finance Advisory Committee and other global employers seeking international finance talent. We host regular corporate showcases and career fairs, and run our own job platform CareerNext.
MSc in Finance scholarships are available under the NASDAQ, Empiricus and Future of Big Data scholarship programs.
Central European University is a U.S. graduate university in Budapest founded by George Soros. It ranks among the world's best and most international schools, with 1,500 students and 300 faculty from 130 countries. CEU Business School has 200 students from 40 countries, and alumni in over 80 countries with finance professionals the single largest constituent group.
The MSc in Finance is a 30-credit program (27 for courses + 3 for field project). The program is offered full-time (12 months) or part-time (12/18 months), with both formats following the same curriculum:
- Core courses that deliver an in-depth understanding of fundamental finance concepts
- Outer core courses that cover critical contemporary issues in modern finance
- A broad range of electives that help build your studies around your career objectives
- The Finance@CEU expert speaker series that brings you the applied experience of industry professionals.
- The capstone field project that enables you to apply your newly acquired skills as a finance consultant.
- A bachelor's (or higher) degree in any field of study from a reputable institution
- A strong command of English demonstrated by a competitive TOEFL or equivalent test score, if applicable
- Good fundamental skills demonstrated by at least one of the following, if applicable:
- a competitive score on CEU's online mathematics test
- a competitive GMAT or GRE score
- CFA (min. levels 1-2) or ACCA (min. levels 1-8) exams.
- The English proficiency test requirement may be waived for natives speakers, and candidates who have completed a bachelor's (or higher) degree in English. CEU organizes Institutional TOEFL tests in Budapest on a regular basis.
- CEU's online mathematics test may be taken by appointment after we have received your application. The test requirement may be waived for experienced business professionals.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 27, 2017