· Internationally Competitive and English, the master's program in American studies includes modules such as: "Theories, Strategies and Practices in American Studies," "History, Politics and Governance," "Society, Difference and Diversity , "Identity Building," "Cultural Translation," "Media Communication," "American Image Culture," "Euro-American Relations," and a "Fulbright Seminar" Teachers who teach in the program are Romanian teachers with internships in the US as well as American teachers in Romania as part of academic exchange programs.
- Find the list of courses and teachers here: www.americanstudies.ro/
· The title dissertation deepens transatlantic relations candidate knowledge, with a comparative perspective on Romanian / Euro-American relations.
· Students will practice at institutions that might be interested in hiring them, such as Fulbright Commission, American Cultural Center, American Corner, Shakespeare School - The English Life Project, The Pro- Democracy, Center for Independent Journalism, Press Monitoring Agency, National Roma Center, Central University Library, American International School of Bucharest, Ariel Center.
· The American Studies Center (CSA) has collaborative relationships with Kiel University (Germany - Erasmus agreement); University of East Anglia, Norwich (United Kingdom); Heidelberg University (Germany).
· Specialization allows graduates to occupy positions in various areas of social, political, cultural and economic life involving relationships with the United States, in mass media, publishing, advertising, PR, in central institutions, embassies, non-governmental organizations, foundations cultural, in other sectors that use communication skills appropriate to the specialization. They can be hired as high school teachers if they meet legal requirements, and as Americans in higher education and research, and will be able to continue their studies at doctoral level.
· A significant number of graduates have benefited so far from scholarships both in Europe and the United States.
· CSA provides a master and a documentation room with access to Internet and video.
· Within the limits of available seats, admitted candidates may also benefit from accommodation in the hostel.
· The program enjoys the constant support of the Fulbright Commission for Romania and the US Embassy in Bucharest.
Program taught in: