The following modules are indicative of what you will study on this course.
- Dissertation/Major Project
- Research Methods and the Built Environment
- Sustainable Cities and Neighbourhoods
- Urbanism and Design: Form, Context and Philosophies
- Urban Design and Planning in Context
- Urban Design and Urban Development Process
- Urban Design Field Trip
- Master Planning
- Public Realm: Significance, Design and Experience
- Reflective Practice
Applications are invited from graduates with a good Honours degree in architecture, landscape architecture, town planning or another related discipline, together with practical or professional experience in their own field or in urban design. If your first language is not English, you will need an IELTS score of at least 6.5 (or equivalent) with a minimum score of 6.0 in each component.
Graduates of this course typically find employment as urban designers in private consultancy or local authorities. Many find the course useful when developing careers in architecture, planning or landscape architecture.
Career development centre
Our Career Development Centre has just been shortlisted for the Best University Careers Service in the National Undergraduate Employability Awards for 2017.
With a growing network of over 3,000 employers around the world and a team of experienced careers consultants, we are here to help you succeed.
In 2015–16, we helped over 1,500 students find work placements across a range of sectors, with 250 employers attending 14 on-campus skills and careers fairs.
As a Westminster student, you’ll have access to our services throughout your studies and after you graduate.
We can help you:
- find work placements related to your course
- find part-time/vacation, placement and graduate jobs, including voluntary experience
- find international opportunities to enhance your employability
- market yourself effectively to employers
- write better CVs and application forms
- develop your interview and enterprise skills
- plan your career with our careers consultants
- meet employers and explore your career options at our employer fairs, careers presentations and networking events throughout the year