The Sound and Visual Technology programme gives you the opportunity to study two of the most engaging and rapidly developing fields in the arts and culture. You will choose either sound or visual technology as your main specialty, but you will also gain an in-depth working knowledge of the other field.
Beyond your core specialties, you will develop your skills in entrepreneurship, teamwork and project management. Practice is at the core of the curriculum, and you will apply what you learned in the classroom straight away with practical activities and by working in creative teams.
Why study sound and visual technology at the University of Tartu?
- High-quality education. The University of Tartu belongs to the top 1.2% of the world's best universities.
- Cutting edge and creativity-driven curriculum. Beyond the development of your technical skills in the field of sound and visual technology, the curriculum aims to encourage your creativity and growth as a leader and visionary in your future career.
- Teamwork and Cooperation. You will work in teams to create and produce projects that closely mirror the industry workflow to facilitate your transition into a professional environment and to help launch your career.
- Viljandi is the ideal place to master new creative and technical skills. Our studios and facilities have the most modern equipment for sound and visual technology.
- Perfect mix of theory and practice. We have partnerships with Estonian Public Broadcasting, theaters, private studios and performance companies to offer you exclusive work-study opportunities.
See 23 more programs offered by University of Tartu »
Last updated August 30, 2019
This course is
Tuition-waiver scholarships available