No restricted admission.
Start of studies
- The program begins each winter semester.
- Applicants with foreign certificates please apply until 31 July via uni-assist e.V.
The degree program educates students to become journalists with a focus on social and health issues. This interdisciplinary program addresses the increasingly complex societal developments in social and health care systems which, for journalists and for non-experts in particular, are becoming ever more difficult to understand and to report on comprehensibly. This development presents an increasing challenge to the media communication skills of experts in the social and healthcare sectors, and therefore calls for suitably qualified media professionals. The content of the Master's program in Social and Health Journalism equip students with all necessary specialist qualifications for the journalistic planning, organisation and production of media content as well as the subject-matter competence in the social and health care field that is required to meet the specific objective of the course of studies.
Degree course content
The education program consists of the modules:
Media and society
- Journalism/PR theories/ethics
- political communication
- mixed reality/Internet
- Changing social systems
- practice/fields of practice in social work
- institutional/practice-related problems of social work
- Social and health policy
- practice/fields of practice in healthcare
- environment and health
- health education/personal health communication/concepts of health
Practical fundamentals/media production
- editorial management
- interdisciplinary project work
Print layout/image design/Web design
This school offers programs in:
Last updated April 4, 2018