Political Science (University of Bamberg)
MA in Politics and Economics of Contemporary Eastern and Southeastern Europe (University of Macedonia) http://mabsos.uom.gr/
The Double Masters degree allows you to:
- Achieve two MA degrees within two years.
- Acquire theoretical expertise in political institutions and processes in an international framework.
- Build up considerable empirical knowledge of Eastern and Southeastern Europe by benefiting from the dual component of the Double Degree programme.
- Scholarships are available.
- The language of instruction is English at both locations. Modules taught in German at Bamberg are open to all students with an adequate command of German.
An Interdisciplinary and Regional Focus in Thessaloniki
The University of Macedonia aims to offer a comprehensive analysis of both political and economic development in the highly dynamic region of Eastern and Southeastern Europe while emphasizing the interrelation between the two and placing the institutional and social context on a firmly analytical foundation.
This regional focus is complemented by regular guest lectures by academics, diplomats, politicians, businesspeople and journalists with experience in the dynamics of regional and European integration in Eastern and Southeastern Europe.
Graduates become experts at understanding the political and economic power of that particular region, and it is this expertise that makes them attractive to employers operating in Eastern and Southeastern Europe.
Cutting-Edge Research in Bamberg
At the University of Bamberg, Political Science is taught as a social science with a strong empirical focus. The university is in a position to offer courses in all major subfields of Political Science, including a range of modules in English. Both our teaching and research are strongly driven by theory, and cutting-edge research methods are also a central focus.
Students are also provided with the opportunity to take part in the annual National Model United Nations (NMUN) in New York, USA.
This all means that programme graduates are equipped with extraordinary skills which not only make them attractive to possible employers but which also qualify them for future careers in the academic sector.
- Candidates whose first language is not English must provide verification of their English proficiency.
- Applicants must submit two written references, typically from professors who know the applicant personally.
- No knowledge of either the Greek or German languages is required to complete the double master’s programme, as modules are taught in English at both universities.
This Double Master’s degree equips students with the knowledge and analytical and transferable skills needed to pursue further postgraduate research or an internationally oriented career in the public or private sectors. Typical careers include
- careers in business, government, NGOs and international organizations operating in Eastern and Southeastern Europe
- employment in international organizations (EU, WTO, UN etc.)
- research in policy-oriented domestic or international think tanks
- careers in government administration
- further postgraduate research at Ph.D. level
This school offers programs in:
Last updated June 5, 2018