MA in Political Governance and Public Policy is a two-year interdisciplinary program focused on training highly qualified analysts, managers and political leaders who will pursue career in public governance, including government agencies, international organizations and the non-profit sector. The program is designed to meet the challenges of the modern public sector: the graduates of the program will acquire all the professional competences necessary for responding complex unique challenges, asking the right questions, estimating the scale of a problem and its specific features, developing and exploring the range of possible solutions, as well as evaluating the potential of public institutions and their representatives to implement decisions.
Core academic courses will provide the students with an opportunity to shape and sharpen their skills of leadership, management, analysis and implementation of public policy. Graduate students will learn how to mobilize and manage internal and external organizational resources, how to arrange monitoring and setting of public policy. By developing their skills in leadership the graduates will be able to implement policies and management strategies successfully in today’s complex and unstable society.
Students of the program are actively involved into research projects at the Department of Political Science. They also have an opportunity to participate in different scientific events and speak at various conferences abroad.
- Political Methodology and Philosophy
- Theories of Public Policy
- Qualitative Methods in Public Policy Analysis
- Information Technology for Public Policy
- Quantitative Methods in Public Policy Analysis
- Political Leadership and Strategy
- Collaboration and Political Decision-Making Process
- Political Development and Change
- Political Psychology and Public Policy
- Comparative Public Policy
- Policy Evaluation
- Conflict Resolution in GR-Management
- Contentious Politics in Contemporary Russia
- Business and Interest Groups in Russian Public Policy
- Environmental Public Policy
Credits: 120 ECTS
This school offers programs in:
Last updated October 23, 2017