The following modules are indicative of what you will study on this course.
- Artist Development
- Intellectual Property and Copyright Management
- Live Music Management
- Music Business Management Final Project
- Music Industry Structures
- Music Marketing and Technology
Applications are considered on the basis of either a combination of formal qualifications and experience or significant industry experience. Applicants should be able to demonstrate some experience of working in the music industry, an aptitude for music business management and an enthusiasm for learning more about music and related industries. Applicants with formal qualifications should have a minimum of an Upper Second Class undergraduate degree.
If English is your second language you should have an IELTS score of at least 6.5 with 6.5 in each element.
Course graduates have gone on to work in a wide variety of creative industries, from mobile marketing through to the Arts Council. Many of our graduates are working in the music industry, with companies including Apple, Spotify Universal, Sony Music, Pledge Music, Kobalt, Shazam and PIAS. Our international students are working around the globe in music and music âtech-related companies, including EMI Holland, PIAS European office and Outdustry in mainland China.
Today's music industry organisations need graduates with both strong degrees and skills relevant to the workplace. The MA Music Business Management course is committed to developing employable graduates by ensuring that:
- Career development skills are embedded in the course
- Opportunities for internships, placements and work-related learning activities are available to students
- Our staff links with employers in all areas of the music industry and their willingness to come to the university and give guest talks enable students to network with potential employers in class and in social situations to make important contacts and strengthen their employability skills.
- Alumni keep in close contact with the course, often returning to deliver guest speeches and meet and network with students. This strong âcommunity of learningâ assists with recruitment and internship opportunities.
Career development centre
Our Career Development Centre has just been shortlisted for the Best University Careers Service in the National Undergraduate Employability Awards for 2017.
With a growing network of over 3,000 employers around the world and a team of experienced careers consultants, we are here to help you succeed.
In 2015â16, we helped over 1,500 students find work placements across a range of sectors, with 250 employers attending 14 on-campus skills and careers fairs.
As a Westminster student, youâll have access to our services throughout your studies and after you graduate.
We can help you:
- find work placements related to your course,
- find part-time/vacation, placement and graduate jobs, including voluntary experience,
- find international opportunities to enhance your employability,
- market yourself effectively to employers,
- write better CVs and application forms,
- develop your interview and enterprise skills,
- plan your career with our careers consultants,
- meet employers and explore your career options at our employer fairs, careers presentations and networking events throughout the year.
About the School
The University of Westminster is a dynamic international education institution with a distinguished 175-year history. With three campuses in central London (Cavendish, Marylebone and Regent) and one i ... Read More