The M.A. in Migration Studies at Tel Aviv University awards a master's degree in Global Migration and Policy from the TAU School of Social and Policy Studies.
- To provide comprehensive knowledge of immigration as a historical, social, and political phenomenon, and to foster comparative insights across disciplines
- To introduce students to the theoretical underpinnings of migration and to familiarize students with the various forms of migration, the forces driving migration, the conditions and barriers to the integration of immigrants, as well as various policy tools to deal with the phenomenon
- To develop students' analytical and research capabilities via training in a wide range of qualitative and quantitative methodological tools
- To combine academic training with professional skills development through an internship in the field and workshops with experienced practitioners
- The program is taught in English to expose students to cutting edge research on the migration, to allow students to enter the academic discourse on the topic, to foster social and academic networks between Israeli and international students, and to encourage exchange with parallel programs taught at universities around the world.
About Tel Aviv University
Located within Israel's cultural, financial and business heartland, Tel Aviv University is the largest and most comprehensive of Israel's institutions of higher education. TAU is active in most areas of teaching and research and plays a focal role in all areas of economic, social, and national debate. Today, over 29,000 students participate in the degree programs of the University's 105 different departments and 27 schools in nine faculties.
The best students in Israel seek to gain an education and a profession at TAU and to enjoy its free and lively atmosphere. The beautiful and spacious campus is situated in suburban Ramat Aviv, just north of the city, minutes away from downtown Tel Aviv. TAU’s proximity to the artistic and commercial capital of Israel allows students to absorb the best of Israeli culture and society, as well as its vibrant cullinary scene and mediterranean sandy beaches.
Program taught in: