The following modules are indicative of what you will study on this course.
- Analysis of the Business Environment
- Financial Analysis for Managers
- Human Resource Management
- Managers and Organisations
- Managing Operations, Information and Knowledge
- Marketing for Managers
- Strategic Management
- Business Research Methods
- Accredited internship
Students who successfully complete this Master's degree are eligible for a student membership with the Chartered Management Institute (CMI). This gives you access to the CMI professional network and opportunities to attend events and get the latest news from the sector of leadership and management.
Applicants should normally hold a first degree from a recognised institution (minimum Lower Second Class Honours or international equivalent) and demonstrate interest and motivation in the subject area. Alternative professional qualifications with at least three years' relevant professional experience will also be considered. Directly relevant degree disciplines include business studies, economics, geography, management, and operation research. However, students with qualifications in other disciplines such as engineering, environmental sciences, the humanities and languages are also encouraged to apply.
If English is not your first language, you will need an IELTS score of 6.5, with a minimum score of 6 in each element.
Our graduates occupy a variety of roles in both multinational organisations and small and medium-sized enterprises. When you graduate you will be equipped to pursue a career in specialist areas of business, including financial services, operations, human resources, sales and marketing. Some of our graduates are employed in companies such as Accenture, Procter & Gamble and Unilever as well as the NHS and local councils.
Career development centre
Our Career Development Centre has just been shortlisted for the Best University Careers Service in the National Undergraduate Employability Awards for 2017.
With a growing network of over 3,000 employers around the world and a team of experienced careers consultants, we are here to help you succeed.
In 2015–16, we helped over 1,500 students find work placements across a range of sectors, with 250 employers attending 14 on-campus skills and careers fairs.
As a Westminster student, you’ll have access to our services throughout your studies and after you graduate.
We can help you:
- find work placements related to your course,
- find part-time/vacation, placement and graduate jobs, including voluntary experience,
- find international opportunities to enhance your employability,
- market yourself effectively to employers,
- write better CVs and application forms,
- develop your interview and enterprise skills,
- plan your career with our careers consultants,
- meet employers and explore your career options at our employer fairs, careers presentations and networking events throughout the year.