Khalifa University of Science and Technology offers Graduate Research / Teaching Assistant (GRTA) scholarships to support qualified international students enrolled in graduate programs.
The scholarship provides generous remuneration and benefits that include:
- Full coverage of tuition fees.
- Medical insurance coverage for students under the Khalifa University visa.
- Support to attend international research conferences.
- The indicative monthly stipend for GRTA Scholarship is as follows (subject to change).
We will start taking applications starting November 1st, 2018 for the next intake in September 1st, 2019.
The 21st century combines the promise of great progress with the resurgence of old dangers and the emergence of new ones. Those dangers include terrorism, warfare, weapons of mass destruction, and natural disasters. Some of these dangers are rooted in technology, others in society, and still others in nature itself. Attaining the strategic vision of the UAE will require a deep understanding of those threats, and the knowledge and skills to address them.
This unique Master's Program is being offered by Khalifa University's Institute of International and Civil Security. The Institutes' mission is to become a leading academic center for supporting research, teaching and policy analysis in the field of security studies. In addition to what takes places inside the classroom, the institute hosts speakers, workshops, events, and works with other institutions- within government, academia, and the private sector - to advance security research, education, training, and policy-making.
- To provide current and future security professionals with sophisticated knowledge of the U.A.E., regional and global security environment.
- To provide current and future security professionals with the skills to produce, analyze and apply security-related research.
- To apply higher education and research towards enhancing U.A.E., regional, and international security.
Our graduates will have demonstrated:
- Sophisticated knowledge of the international, national, and regional security environment, to include the relevant theories and history of conflict.
- Sophisticated knowledge of natural and human-caused threats to international, national, regional, and civil security.
- An understanding of the relationships between and within the different levels of government and the private sector relative to international, national, regional and civil security.
- Sophisticated knowledge of offensive and defensive technologies relevant to international, national, regional, and civil security.
Our graduates will have demonstrated:
- The quantitative and qualitative research and analysis skills needed to contribute to the security field as practitioners, researchers, and educators.
- The written and verbal skills needed to effectively communicate within the field of international and civil security.
- The organizational skills needed to contribute to the security field as practitioners, researchers, and educators.
- The skills to apply appropriate technologies to support national, international, and civil security.
- Our graduates will have the ability to integrate and efficiently utilize the theoretical frameworks, knowledge, and skills necessary for contributing to international, national, and civil security.
- Security and Foreign Policy Analysis
- Intelligence Analysis
- Emergency Management
- International Humanitarian Assistance
- Law Enforcement
- Critical Infrastructure Protection
- Cyber Security
- Border and Customs
- Public Health and Safety
- Private sector security positions
The university general graduate studies admission requirements apply for admission to the MA in international and Civil Security program.
The program will consider applicants from any area of undergraduate specialization.