Tourism and hospitality are expanding global industries resulting in an increased demand for skilled managers to lead and develop international organisations.
The MA International Tourism and Hospitality Management will equip you with the tools necessary to analyse the major influences affecting the international hospitality business environment, as well as a deep-rooted understanding of the issues currently shaping the management of international hospitality corporations.
The real-world assessments within this course will give you hands-on experience of planning and manage your own live projects, professional work within the industry and live client consultancy. The course has been designed through close consultation with industry partners, to ensure you gain the latest practical and professional skills necessary to succeed in this sector.
Guest lectures and industry visits will enable you to develop a strong grasp of business culture, network and immerse yourself in these industries. The international nature of tourism and hospitality will be a key focus of your studies; this is reflected through our well-established global links.
You have the opportunity to undertake a 36-48 week internship as part of your study.
Features and benefits of the course
This course offers graduates from any discipline the chance to gain access to management level careers in the dynamic tourism and hospitality industries.
- The opportunity to plan and implement your own ‘live project.’
- Work with a local tourism or hospitality industry employer to develop your professional event skills
- An external array of field trips and activity/visits and guest lectures from industry tourism and hospitality practitioners’ as part of the curriculum design
- Throughout your studies, you will engage in a range of individual and group work and consultancy projects working with an array of tourism and hospitality industry partners and clients.
- A ‘professional industry package’ with a year’s membership of an international trade association and magazine to develop your industry outlook.
- Volunteering is a great way for you to gain experience and make contacts. We have a vast range of volunteering opportunities to help you develop your CV and enhance your professional outlook and support is available to find them.
About the course
This course has been designed with industry practitioners to offer a practical and managerial approach to equipping you with professional skills, providing you with many opportunities to gain professional experience.
The combination of taught units, a range of live experiential activity and client-based consultancy projects and opportunities to network with industry through external visits and guest lectures will enable you to develop a strong grasp of business culture and provide you with numerous opportunities to immerse yourself in your chosen sector and gain valuable experience.
Your studies will have an international focus to reflect the global nature of these industries. We have many well-established international collaborative partnerships, which will enrich your student experience. Our international research activities and projects will enrich your student experience and will create new opportunities for research through your engagement with employers.
It is intended that core business topics you will study will include:
- Tourism and Hospitality Futures
- International Tourism Destinations
- Hospitality Business Analysis
- Tourism and Hospitality Marketing
- Strategic Management
- Finance for Managers
- Masters-level Learning
In addition, you will also choose from a list of specialist units including:
- Tour Operation and Airlines
- Food and Beverage Operations
Alternatively, you may choose to broaden your learning with a language unit or internship.
This course is available to graduates holding at least a 2:2 UK Honours degree (or international equivalent) from any subject. Candidates with industry-relevant management experience may be considered.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated March 1, 2018