As a student at the University of New Haven’s Master of Arts program in industrial/organizational psychology, you will bring psychological principles to the workplace to benefit both employees and employers.
As well as:
- Have the option to choose concentrations in industrial-human resources psychology, organization development, and consultation, or psychology of conflict management. (A graduate certificate in psychology of conflict management is also available.)
- Be part of a cohesive and supportive community that extends long past graduation
- Benefit from attending professional development events and participating in professional associations
- Begin forming your professional network with fellow students and young professionals
Selected Courses and Programs
Worker Well Being
This course provides an overview of the frameworks, theories, critical issues, and practices associated with the psychological well being of people in the workplace. The study of worker well-being, a sub-area of occupational health psychology, includes topics such as work-life integration, alternative employment schedules, and employment relationships, antecedents, moderators and consequences of work stress, and organizational interventions to facilitate the health and well-being of workers in organizations.
Analysis of various theories of organizational and managerial behavior emphasizing the work organization and its internal processes. Psychological factors at play in organizational settings, including motivation, incentives, and conflict, are explored. Research findings relevant to an understanding and prediction of human behavior in organizations are also examined.
Psychological Tests and Measurements in Industry
Theories, assumptions, and constraints underlying construction and application of psychological tests and measures in the industry. Emphasis on selection, validation, and interpretation of appropriate standardized tests and surveys for specific applications in organizations such as employment testing and employee attitude assessment.
Industrial Motivation and Morale
The meaning of work, theories of motivation, values, and expectations, performance and reinforcement, job satisfaction and motivation, pay as an incentive, interventions to increase work motivation.
- Industrial-Human Resources Psychology
- Organizational Development and Consultation
- Psychology of Conflict Management
Financial Aid Opportunities
The University of New Haven Graduate School is an excellent value with reasonable tuition. Of course, you will still have bills to pay and the Financial Aid office can help.