The Master of Arts in Human Resource Development provides graduates in both private and public sectors with the skills necessary to:
- communicate and interact effectively with groups and individuals.
- assess the nature of performance problems within organizations and recommend solutions.
- assess the relevant characteristics of adult learners.
- apply task and content analysis techniques.
- design and deliver training and performance support programs, including online.
- assess the effectiveness of training programs.
- manage human resource development projects and programs.
- plan, develop and implement techniques for improving organizational performance.
The Goodwin College of Education offers flexible day, evening and weekend classes.
Students get personalized attention from skilled professors in small class sizes, and gain connections to internships, career fairs and educational conferences.
Northeastern offers an affordable tuition and convenient urban locations accessible by car or public transportation.
The M.A. in Human Resource Development prepares students for employment in human resource areas such as:
- instructional design
- organizational development
- strategic planning
- workforce education
- training evaluation
- needs assessment
|HRD-300 Principles And Practices In Human Resource Development||3|
|HRD-301 Adult Teaching/Learning Process||3|
|HRD-310 Instructional Techniques And Technology 1||3|
|HRD-315 Computer Utilization In Human Resource Development 1||3|
|HRD-320 Dynamics Of Working With Groups And Individuals||3|
|HRD-321 Designing Instruction In Human Resource Development 1||3|
|HRD-325 Writing Intensive Program: Communication In Human Resource Development 1||3|
|HRD-329 Internship And Seminar In Human Resource Development 1||6|
|Human Resource Development Electives 2||6|
1. Requires admission to COE
2. Each student, in consultation with the program coordinator and/or advisor, will select 6 additional credit hours of work. The selection of courses will be guided by the student’s career objectives and will focus on competencies relevant to these objectives. The electives will amplify and extend the competencies developed in the core courses
Human Resource Development majors must be fully admitted to the Goodwin College of Education prior to registering for more than 9 hours.
Students with weaknesses in any area such as communication skills or career planning skills will be required to select electives with the goal of developing these skills.
About the School
Pursue your goals with top-notch faculty and small class sizes. Explore over 80 rigorous programs in the arts, sciences, education, and business. At Northeastern, find yourself among a welcoming and d ... Read More